Assistant Management Accountant – Permanent/Full-time London– Currently working remotely £30k-£35k depending on experience
A busy SME marketing agency based in central London and they are now seeking a bright Assistant Management Accountant with experience of working in finance within a similar industry reporting directly to the Finance Director
You will be primarily responsible for maintaining both Sales & Purchase ledgers, bank reconciliations, supplier payments and completing the monthly Management Accounts.
A very varied role, you will also be supporting some key senior individuals within the agency and therefore you should be able to demonstrate a flexible ‘can do’ attitude and be organised and professional.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, preparing accruals/prepayments/balance sheet reconciliations, revenue recognition, WIP.
- Raising orders, processing supplier invoices/staff expenses, reconciling against supplier statements, credit card reconciliations, monthly payment run
- Finalising sales invoices, raising credit notes, distributing client invoices and statements, chasing outstanding debts and reconciling aged debtors
- Lead monthly job bag meetings & analyse project profitability.
- Bank reconciliations
- Timesheet postings
- Completion and submission of quarterly VAT return
- Assisting in the annual audit and liaising with accountants when required
- Supporting the FD in completion of budgets and monthly forecasting
- Training new users in Paprika and managing upgrades/developments with the software consultants
- Other Ad Hoc duties/general support to the Finance Director
- Min 2 years’ experience of working in accounting.
- Experience working within a creative/marketing or similar business
- An experienced user of Paprika would be advantageous.
- Looking to work towards CIMA/ACCA qualification.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management skills with the ability to operate to tight deadlines.
- Proactive, demonstrating initiative and enthusiasm
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest J2500Candidate registration