UK fashion label seeks to hire CFO to work alongside CEO to drive online business. Salary c£100,000 – 150,000k
Our client is a UK-based fashion label, a manufacturer and retailer, selling women’s clothing made in the UK to the circa 35-year-old professional market; established over 20 years; profitable and with revenues of £10M, mainly through B2B business with the likes of ASOS and Zalando.
It commenced B2C operations two years ago as a separate ‘spin out’ B2C entity (its online or eCommerce business); currently with £2M of annual sales; now looking to drive this to £30M over the coming years.
It is now seeking to raise and invest funds into its online operation with a new CFO (and CEO) to lead the B2C team to deliver this goal. As the B2C online business grows, the parent business, will retain responsibility for design and manufacture while the spinout B2C entity will take control of online sales, IT infrastructure, fulfilment and customer support.
It is expected that the partnership between our proposed CEO and proposed CFO will be very close. They are hiring both at the same time.
This is a great opportunity for an FD/CFO with an eCommerce background to move into an exciting and fast-paced business.
- significant and intimate experience of driving, not just reporting on, financial performance in more than one eCommerce business
- experience of fraud reduction, transaction costs, returns management, margin improvement, drivers of value, web stats / analytics and their impact on financial performance etc
- presenting results to internal boards and external stakeholders, including shareholders and bondholders
- proven ability to initiate and develop relationships with lenders and investors and ability to promote a business plan in support of fundraising and new investment
- working as part of a senior leadership team sharing information to constantly
- encourage and promote best practice
- very strong ethical values and opinions, compatible with our own, especially in the area of accounting ethics, payment of tax, charitable contributions, directors’ and performance-based remuneration and more
CFO Key Responsibilities
- Act as CFO of the business, developing a business plan to reach the £30M revenue goal, accountable to the shareholders for its delivery with all operational business units reporting in to the CEO.
- Oversee the development of industry-leading and breakthrough policies in all areas relating to Good Company and Good Governance thinking.