Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Key relationships: Chairman, COO, CCO and Office Heads
Direct Reports: Group Financial Controller, Office Finance Managers
Salary: £125-£150k d.o.e.
The CFO is responsible for directing and overseeing the overall management of the Group’s financial affairs and contributes to the achievement of the Group’s objectives by providing leadership, advice and guidance on financial models, investment, M&A and growth strategies.
The CFO is responsible for championing the synthesis of world class creative work with world class financial performance.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Partner the CEO and Leadership Team in setting the annual budget and long-term strategy and assessing the Group’s performance against these;
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and operational teams and make recommendations on strategy and operations;
- Engage with the Board and Shareholders as required;
- Participate as a key member of the Leadership Team, working closely with the Chairman, CEO and COO.
- Identify and deliver growth and profitability improvement initiatives across the Group.
- Drive due diligence and M&A discussions with potential targets.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets, business plans and forecasts;
- Analysis and interpretation of financial results and developing recommendations;
- Develop and execute business initiatives with the CEO (new offices, start-ups, acquisitions);
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed;
- Oversee cash, investment and asset management;
- Oversee financing strategies and activities and maintain banking and funding relationships.
Accounting and legal
- Oversee the accounting activities of the Group to ensure proper maintenance of systems and the finance function including the preparation and maintenance of regular timely and accurate financial reports; Ensure internal controls and procedures are appropriate;
- Co-ordinate the audit process and ensure compliance with all tax, legal and regulatory requirements in each jurisdiction.
- Manage all financial aspects of research and development investments including funding;
- Represent the Group as CFO to auditors, solicitors and other professional advisors and government officers;
- Oversee legal and contractual matters relating to clients, suppliers and the Group;
- Oversee information technology, human resources administration and property matters;
- Manage, mentor and develop the finance team.
A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- More than 10 years’ experience post qualification, at least 3 of which were as Financial Director in a similarly sized international business, probably but not necessarily in the marketing communications sector;
- Good knowledge of management and financial accounting techniques, with the capability of designing and producing timely, accurate management reports and financial statements using UK legislation and best practice;
- Evidence of a clear understanding of the current developments and best practice in operational financial control in a fast moving, international business;
- Evidence of effective working in a pressured work environment with tight deadlines;
- A track record of developing strong internal and external relationships across a service driven organisation;
- Management of investment fund raising activity, nurturing, performance monitoring and exit.
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge
- The ability to communicate effectively within an organisation and to develop strong professional relationships with the Group’s advisers;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and internally motivate people to work as a team;
- Ability to manage budgets and resources effectively.
- Language proficiency in French, German and Spanish would be a plus.
Personal Style and Behaviour
- A business focused attitude, with the ability to work with autonomy and ambiguity in a growth and creative environment;
- Self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm, not easily discouraged and willing to support changes when required;
- A deliverer, with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- A team player who is prepared to lead others, share expertise, know-how and skills;
- Commitment to the successful development of the Group;
- Personal and professional demeanour, credibility and integrity that maintains the confidence and trust of others, both internally and externally.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration