Salary range £60,000 -£70,000 depending on experience
Our Client, a leading research agency is looking for a proactive, qualified accountant ( ACCA , CIMA , ACA) to join the finance team of 6, supporting and working closely with the fee earners to ensure profit maximisation on all projects through out the agency. The individual will have strong communication skills, be a team player, work closely with the FD and have the ability to business partner with senior stake holders throughout the organisation. The candidate will have a strong history of system improvement and of commercialisation, they will also have strong analytical skills and the ability to look at the bigger picture across the revenue landscape with an ability to generate meaningful analytical reports for non finance members.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Finance Director, identify & prioritise initiatives which will have a positive impact on operating profit. For example (not limited to);
- Regular proposal analysis & assessment of client profitability with an aim to identify client accounts/ contacts with highest win rate/ least time to deliver in order to guide BD activity
- Share activity levels of non-finance staff with appropriate management to identify areas for improvement/ where additional resource is required
- Meet with Client facing teams regularly to provide reporting & insights into their accounts & overall data to effect delivery & behaviours
- Report on Project management team effectiveness in budgeting and delivering fieldwork within budgets on a project/ client basis
- Develop & refine over utilisation reporting which provides a clear overview and highlights on a regular basis
- Review costings with a view to identifying areas for savings
- Producing productivity reports and liaising with the Resourcing Director to ensure information is accurate and usable
- Alongside the Resourcing Director, facilitate the roll out of Resource planning with an aim of optimising efficiency
- Producing consultant researcher spend reports and liaising with the senior Finance Team and Workload Director to determine appropriate measures to minimise spend where possible
- Providing critical analysis of project performance and ensuring this information is passed to the project team
- Producing monthly reports for various departments
- Review client billings prior to posting to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Assisting in the identification and billing of extras
- Where necessary following up extras charged on overseas agency invoices with the project management team to minimise cost overruns
- Assisting project and account teams in understanding the information from The CRM
encouraging greater awareness, and education across the business
- Providing teams with supporting detailed transactional information where requested
- Maintaining the job costing document used to create job budgets
- Training execs on costing principles, including the usage of the job costing document and best practice in relation to budgeting on jobs
- Maintaining and amending the Costing Tool when necessary
- Facilitating financial learnings within project teams and attending team debriefs when necessary
- Calculate and manage discount accruals in line with client agreements
Ad hoc analysis and other duties:
- Producing ad hoc analysis requested by senior management and account teams.
- Reviewing actual vs budget results across projects, identifying and investigating unusual trends or anomalies. Making recommendations resulting from this.
- Producing monthly dashboard reflecting monthly profit status and current bookings level.
- Approving incentives ordered for respondents in foreign markets
- Preparing reports and breakdowns for audits and liaising with audit team members to provide explanations for variances and accounting methods used
- Performing ad hoc tasks when team cover is required
Skills & Aptitudes
The following qualities are considered key to the role:
- Excellent all-round communication skills.
- Prioritisation, multi-tasking, organisation with an ability to balance workload
- Proactive and positive approach to teamwork. It is important to work collaboratively with both internal and external contacts to resolve issues as they arise
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised and efficient
- Strong Excel Skills
- Will ideally have worked within a creative agency environment
- Will have a good understanding of Revenue/ Project accounting
- Qualified Accountant ( ACCA,ACA,CIMA,CPA)
- Good GCSEs and A-levels