Our Client is an outstanding design Furniture company, going through an exciting period of growth.
They are looking for a dynamic, hands on, confident and experienced Commerical Finance Manager to join their team to provide strategic support and financial guidance. Salary c£55-65k
Key responsibilities of the Commercial Finance Manager
- Provide commercial, tactical and strategic support to senior management and providing relevant financial information to aid decision making and planning
- Identify immediate and longer-term areas for financial and operational efficiency within the business
- Creating and managing sales and cashflow KPI’s, budgets and forecasts and monitoring variances
- Product sales and profitability analysis, work with teams on costing, pricing and margins and provide relevant analysis to management
- Identify systems and process improvements to gain greater efficiency and provide recommendations for change especially in the use of technology or maximisation of software capabilities
- Work with marketing teams create and maintain budgets
- Put together detailed financial plan in order to get business financing as and when needed
- Challenge figures and assumptions when needed
- Deliver monthly management accounts and ad hoc information for senior management
- Work with finance assistant to set up processes for delivering weekly operational reports including sales and orders, debtors, creditors and cash, proactively managing any issues and raising with the relevant people.
- Work with the finance assistant to develop and maintain financial management, controls and governance within the Business to minimise financial risk
- Oversight of the day-to-day bookkeeping operations performed by the finance assistant, including accounts payable, cash flow management and bank reconciliations
- Work with finance assistant and external accountants to ensure accurate and timely delivery of statutory reports including quarterly VAT returns, corporation tax instalment calculations and annual accounts.
- Liaise with overseas office and external accountants to manage commercial and statutory reporting requirements.
Key attributes of the Commercial Financial Manager:
- Must have experience of manufacturing and wholesale.
- Experience of Xero
- QBE or qualified accountant
- Strong communication skills
- Not affraid to challenge the status quo
- Experience of Systems Implementation/improving systems
- Strong FX knowledge/ experience