Post-production WIP / Revenue Analyst
Part time (3-4 days per week) Contract 3-6 months
Our client is a well renowned and highly respected post production company , based in the UK across three London locations. It typically has around 100 live projects at any given time. Annual turnover is £12 to £13m.
The purpose of the role is to introduce a new weekly revenue reporting cycle to support the month end P&L revenue recognition. The role is initially on a 3-month contract, with the possibility to extend to 6 months, for 3 to 4 days per week.
CETA is the postproduction management software. Project work is scheduled – pencilled, booked and costed (actualised) and billed in CETA.
Extract weekly report from CETA on all costed jobs. Costed jobs are the work in progress revenue on projects. (CETA is the postproduction management software. All project work is scheduled – pencilled, booked, costed (actualised) and billed in CETA)
- Check all projects with costed work have a confirmed quote to support revenue recognition. This is a signed worked order from the client.
- Check projects for bookings in the prior week which have not been costed. Follow up with Postproduction Managers (PPM’s) to ensure all confirmed bookings in the prior week have been costed.
- Produce weekly variance report on revenue (costed work) against forecast. The project revenue forecast is maintained in Excel. Liaise with Sales and PPM’s to seek explanations for revenue variance forecast.
- Produce monthly age analysis on accrued and deferred revenue.
- Produce revenue analysis by service type and by genre.
- Produce gross profit analysis on completed projects.
The role would suit a part qualified accountant (studying towards qualification) or qualified through experience. Experience of reporting revenue within a WIP project billing environment is essential. Media industry experience (post, ad agency, other creative production) beneficial but not essential.
- Data analytical skills
- Experience of scheduling / project billings systems
- Proficient in Excel to pivot / vlookup / sumif functions
- Good written and verbal communication skills, working across finance sales and PPM’s.
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and recruitment and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest. J2553Candidate registration