FC/HOF/FM – sole role – report to the CEO and Investors
Salary: £40-45k Company: Design/ Retail Location: Shoreditch
Part-time 4 days a week or full time
This is a superb opportunity for a Management Accountant or already established Finance Manager wanting to make their mark and step up to take control of the finance function of a proudly British Brand. The role will suit an ambitious go getter whose career is on an upward trajectory looking to become a Finance Director in a few years’ time.
This is a sole Finance role but you will be supported by the external accountant, investors and CEO.
The role will allow you to gain valuable experience working with senior stakeholders across the business and build your commercial skill set.
POSITION / PURPOSE:
To run the finance department and ensure the sound financial management and control of the Company’s resources.
- Management of company financials, sales, expenses, cash-flow, pay roll and accounting on XERO Platform
- Filing of VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and general communications with HMRC
- Provide guidance and implement efficiency led improvements to departments and business structure.
- Design, implement and manage departmental budgets and performance reporting.
- Monitor company sales and expenditure and report to Directors on P+L and Balance Sheet.
- Weekly analysis and monthly reporting to the directors on company performance, financials and ROI.
- General management business administration based business requirements.
- Administration of existing staff HR accounts and management of induction for new members of staff.
- Performance management of company cash flow, loans, investments and currency accounts.
- Design. develop and implement cross department strategies, systems and cloud based software for improved reporting and management efficiency.
- Design and develop financial and management based systems, solutions and platforms for the company’s international offices and showrooms.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Finalist/qualified accountant/ QBE
- Xero experience essential
- Several years’ experience in a time / project-based environment ideally in a design agency environment
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational, planning, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Sensitive to the confidential nature of financial data
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Confidence to question and challenge status quo
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to interact with staff across a range of skills sets