Our Client is an amazing creative agency that are now seeking an ambitious Finance Assistant reporting to the Head of Finance to join the team.
The role will require the Finance Assistant to support the Head of Finance and agency with the day-to-day running of the Finance department. It is essential that throughout your role you provide accurate processing, reporting and analysis
The role is a temp-perm
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- First port of call for day-to-day finance queries from the agency and its suppliers.
- Must have the relevant knowledge and confidence to be able to deal with all queries, but importantly know when to escalate.
- Working with the wider operations team you should use your insight into agency expenditure to gain the best commercial deals from our suppliers.
Sales Ledger responsibilities
- Maintain client system details by using the strong relationships you develop with Account Management and relevant client contacts.
- Manage debtors and credit control to enable the agency to operate a healthy cash flow.
- Maintain client job records to ensure each job is run smoothly.
- Manage the Job WIP process to ensure all reporting is accurate, jobs attract minimal write-offs and productions are delivered efficiently.
- You are the final line of approval for issuing Sales Invoices, and through thorough checks you ensure accurate reporting and prompt payment.
- Maintain the Monthly Income and Sales schedule, allowing the agency to track monthly billing progress
Purchase Ledger responsibilities
- As the lead role in purchase ledger you ensure the accurate coding and inputting of purchase invoices, maintenance of files, processing of expenses and ensure all paperwork signed off within deadlines.
- Maintain supplier records and agreements ensuring contracts are up to date and system notes are accurate.
- Determine, collate and process the agency’s weekly payment run, ensuring all payments are made within the agency’s cash flow guidelines.
- Oversee the petty cash and credit card process ensuring reception are well trained in their responsibilities and that all transactions are processed monthly.
Nominal Ledger responsibilities
- Maintain and complete monthly bank reconciliations ensuring all transactions are processed accurately within the deadlines.
- Maintain the fixed asset schedules ensuring items are capitalised and depreciated within the agency’s guidelines.
- Help key overhead budget holders manage their budgets by maintaining and distributing key overhead schedules monthly.
- Report weekly on the agency’s missing timesheets ensuring that we record as much time as possible
- Use your analytical skills and access to financial information to provide reporting support to the Head of Finance and Management Team if required.
- As Paprika champion you will be responsible for training account handlers on its use.
- Communication skills:
Excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, able to communicate accurately, effectively and sensitively with all levels of internal and external audiences; a clear and concise written style across emails
- IT skills:
Advanced at using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Agency Finance team experience. Advanced understanding of the project/job life cycle; sales and purchase ledger functions
Salary: £28k-£30k p.a.
If interested we’d love to hear from you. However, if you have not heard back from us within five working days then we regret that your application on this occasion has not been successful.
Upload a CV