Salary Up to £27,000 Pro-Rata
This is a varied Finance Role within a successful and fast-growing marketing business based in Central London. There will be a team of four – working under the Head of Finance and Management Accountant. This position will be mainly responsible for accounts receivable and payable. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and develop
The role will involve working closely with non finance people to ensure invoicing is accurate and timely- so good communication skills are important.
A new Accounting system is being implemented and you will be expected to become a super-user of that system to bring efficiencies and improvements to key business processes. There will also be involvement with month-end and year-end accounts in the role.
Finance Assistant Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Assisting with month-end management reports.
- Assisting with year-end preparation of accounts.
- Monitoring and processing staff expenses.
- Reconciling group bank accounts (including foreign currency accounts) and providing group treasury with monthly cash reports (previous experience using Bellin would be beneficial).
- Managing and reconciling intercompany balances.
- Managing and reconciling prepayments and accruals.
- Management of the studio’s projects and solution campaigns.
Accounts payable and receivable:
- Raising sales invoices and related Talent documentation, e.g. self-bills and commission invoices. This will include the review of contracts to ensure invoices are being raised correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring work-flow tracking and billing spreadsheet is up to date and accurate to enable efficient billing.
- Processing of all purchase invoices, and raising and monitoring of purchase orders where relevant.
- Performing weekly payment runs.
- Providing credit control and being main point of contact for both customers and suppliers.
Finance Assistant key attributes required:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced finance environment.
- Experience working with diverse revenue streams, including royalties & revenue share agreements.
- Confident with basic accounting principles
- Good A Level education and GCSE’s in English and Mathematics.
- Experience with VAT returns and good understanding of basic VAT concepts.
- Competent Excel user.
- Experience with Sage 50 is useful for legacy purposes but not essential.
- Experience with Paprika or a similar job costing system.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Conscientious and diligent with a strong attention to detail.
- A self-starter and confident individual who can manage own workload.
- Organised and can take ownership of ad hoc administrative responsibilities.
- Energetic, personable and positive person