Media Agency- Kingston on Thames/ Surbiton
Media Billings & Revenue Finance Assistant
Full Time & Permanent- £28,000- £30,000
Our client and the role
A fast paced growing media company are now looking for a full-time finance assistant to take responsibility for the client billing, sales ledger and treasurey aspects of the business. Within the finance team you will maintain transparency and accountability for all transactions. You will have access to both internal and external key stakeholders, so you must demonstrate integrity, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines whilst also maintaining confidentiality. There’s a real opportunity for development and growth in this role as you will be working directly with the FD and gain the
- Raise all client billing at specified dates throughout the month and liaise with internal stakeholders for approval.
- Monitor urgent cash receipts for immediate contract payments.
- Monitor unpaid invoices and resolve any Client queries to maintain payment deadlines.
- Liaise with payables team regarding funds received and payment runs.
- Checking media contracts which require a quick turnaround and setting up of new clients
- Allocate daily cash transaction and bank reconciliations – you must understand multi line billing and currency.
- Investigate unallocated receipts and payments on hold.
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecasts.
- Check and authorise weekly and monthly payment run- Checking when cash from billings has been received, so payables can organise the payments.
- Load UK and International payments onto online banking for authorisation
- Reconcile all credit card accounts.
- Reconcile media spend against revenue meeting required deadlines.
- Assist with payables function when required.
- Assist with Balance Sheet transactions including:
- Raise and post month end GL journals as requested.
- Reports – create and distribute when requested.
- Assist with VAT return.
- Assist with the on-going review of external stakeholders and technology used within the finance function.
- Support COO when required.
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Proven experience in raising multiple client invoices within tight deadlines.
- Proven experience using online banking
- AAT part qualified an advantage or proven QBE
- Excel – intermediate level
- Knowledge of Xero an advantage
If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. J 2536Candidate registration