Fab Fun Agency seeks a rounded Finance Assistant who wants to grow and develop based near Kings Cross this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to progress in their career.
Salary on offer Circa £23K- £25K plus study support
To support the Head of Finance and agency with the day-to-day running of the Finance department. It is essential that throughout your role you provide accurate processing, reporting and analysis. Paprika skills essential
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- You are the first port of call for day-to-day finance queries from the agency and its
- You must have the relevant knowledge and confidence to be able to deal with all queries, but importantly know when to escalate.
- Working with the wider operations team you should use your insight into agency expenditure to gain the best commercial deals from our suppliers.
Sales Ledger responsibilities
- Maintain client system details by using the strong relationships you develop with Account Management and relevant client contacts.
- Manage debtors and credit control to enable the agency to operate a healthy cash flow.
- Maintain client job records to ensure each job is run smoothly.
- Manage the Job WIP process to ensure all reporting is accurate, jobs attract minimal write-offs and productions are delivered efficiently.
- You are the final line of approval for issuing Sales Invoices, and through thorough checks you ensure accurate reporting and prompt payment.
- Maintain the Monthly Income and Sales schedule, allowing the agency to track monthly billing progress.
- Complete CCS reporting and any other Sales Management Information that might be required for external purposes.
Purchase Ledger responsibilities
- As the lead role in purchase ledger you ensure the accurate coding and inputting of purchase invoices, maintenance of files, processing of expenses and ensure all paperwork signed off within deadlines.
- You maintain supplier records and agreements ensuring contracts are up to date and system notes are accurate.
- You determine, collate and process the agency’s weekly payment run, ensuring all payments are made within the agency’s cash flow guidelines.
- You oversee the petty cash and credit card process ensuring reception are well trained in their responsibilities and that all transactions are processed monthly.
Nominal Ledger responsibilities
- Maintain and complete monthly bank reconciliations ensuring all transactions are processed accurately within the deadlines.
- Maintain the fixed asset schedules ensuring items are capitalised and depreciated within the agency’s guidelines.
- Help key overhead budget holders manage their budgets by maintaining and distributing key overhead schedules monthly.
- You occupy a unique position and get sight of most of the agency’s expenditure; use this knowledge and your curiosity to ensure the agency is always getting the best value for money.
- You report weekly on the agency’s missing timesheets ensuring that we record as much time as possible
- You use your analytical skills and access to financial information to provide reporting support to the Head of Finance and Management Team if required.
- As Paprika champion you will be responsible for training account handlers on its use.
Key Attributes required:
Communication skills: excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, able to communicate accurately, effectively and sensitively with all levels of internal and external audiences; a clear and concise written style across emails
Computer skills: advanced at using MS Office programmes (Word, PowerPoint and Excel). The candidate must be experienced at using Paprika across its full range of functionality)
Numeracy: Agency Finance team experience. Advanced understanding of the project/job life cycle; sales and purchase ledger functions
Working towards a recognised Accountancy qualification: Entry: AAT. Advanced: ACCA, CIMA, ICA
Unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all applicants directly. In the event that you apply for this role but haven’t had a response within 5 working days, please assume that on this occasion you’re application has been unsuccessful. We thank you for your interest.
Upload a CV