Comprising a small group of people (intentionally), talented individuals that make up an exceptional team. They love what they do…and think you will too. Technical and artistic creativity is the key. Ideas that inspire, engage and excite are what they are about. Ideas that challenge convention, break the rules and buck the trends.
Main purposes of job:
- As Sole role FC/FM you are responsible for the overall day to day financial functionality of the agency, ensuring the management team receive accurate and timely management information including monthly – P&L accounts, Balance Sheet, Cash flow forecasts, KPI Measures and variance analysis.
- To ensure the finances of the agency are kept up to date at all times.
- Helping with setting budgets and monitoring the forecasts
- Working with senior management and account teams to ensure accurate income recognition and income forecasting
- Managing all jobs together with account managers to ensure proper job management and profit maximisation
- Ensure all invoices are raised on a timely basis and accurately submitted to clients – chasing through debt collection and building up good relationships with client finance teams
- Ensure that all invoices inwards are appropriately authorised and allocated/ posted to jobs or cost centres
- Ensure all credit cards are authorised and posted
- Ensure payroll is correctly managed on a timely basis (payroll is currently outsourced, but could be brought in-house if preferred/qualified)
- Manage bank – posting receipts / arranging payment runs/ reconciling the bank
- Management of Petty cash – (i.e processing Credit card payments, reconciling expenses and purchases against credit cards)
- Undertake all statutory returns – PAYE/NI/VAT/Statistical Reviews/P11D’s etc.
- Review financial processes & systems as required and provide feedback/suggestions for improvements and driving that forward (as required)
- Review cost centre’s and ensure efficient use of assets
- Manage fixed asset register
- Improve use of Paprika (to be recently installed)
- Manage Insurance policies and other contracts such as mobile phones
- Liaise with auditors / accountants/ bank and other professional advisors
- Adhoc projects as required or as perceived necessary
- Have previously undertaken sole roles – and enjoy it!
- Have the ambition and drive to succeed as an FC/FM with the desire to grow and develop taking it to the next level
- Have an energetic and fun personality and the ability to communicate well at all levels
- Paprika implementation and super user experience a bonus/major plus!
- Love and thrive in creative agencies having spent a min of <4 years> in their last role working within them
- Be qualified as an accountant (or nearly qualified and looking to gain certification)
- Be available with no more than 1 month’s notice period
Salary: Circa £50k pa depending on experience
Unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all applicants directly. In the event that you apply for this role but haven’t had a response within 5 working days, please assume that on this occasion you’re application has been unsuccessful. We thank you for your interest.Upload a CV