Role: Finance Director
Salary: £90k pa d.o.e.
Based in: London
Start date: estimated Feb/March 2021
Prior experience, 5+ years, working in a creative agency is essential. Experience using Paprika accounting software is preferred.
Our client is a global content brand agency group. With companies in the UK, South America, USA, and the Far East, keeping track of their finances is crucial.
This role description covers the main aspects of the Finance Director role. However, in a company like this and in particular at a senior level, you are encouraged and expected to contribute to many wider issues.
Why this Role Exists:
- To oversee the financial operations of the Group;
- To ensure the board, investors and senior management are kept informed of the financial performance of the Group;
- To ensure all compliance with relevant legislation and reporting requirements at group and local
- To ensure steady cash flow with adequate contingency to cover unexpected requirements.
What the Role Covers:
- Formulation, ownership and implementation of financial processes across the Group, covering reporting and day to day operations in liaison with the Deputy MD, CEO and the UK and local management partnerships;
- Advising the Board, Investor and UK and Group Partnerships on all material financial and profitability issues;
- Active participation in the UK Management Partnership and Group Partnership Meetings as scheduled, updating on finance matters.
Reporting and Communication Structure
- This role reports to and advises the Chief Executive Officer.
Finance Director – Key Tasks
- Oversee the finance function of the business, working with the UK and local market finance managers to deliver consolidated statutory and managerial accounts;
- Ensure the total legal and financial compliance of the business;
- Manage the company budgets for UK and global offices;
- Prepare and deliver board reports on business finances;
- Supporting the CEO and investors in short and mid-term financial planning and longer-term growth strategy;
- Overseeing full purchase and sales ledgers, working with Finance Team to manage suppliers and customers to maximise cash flow;
- Act as a senior business advisor to the CEO and board, using business acumen to advise on general strategy;
- Work with sales team on managing their targets;
- Line-manage the Finance Manager(s), coaching and developing them to reach their potential;
- Implementing best practices and developing a smooth and efficient finance function;
- Manage company procurement activities: negotiating/re-negotiating contracts with key suppliers to obtain the best deal and performance;
- Optimise company tax position through identifying and taking advantage of schemes and rebates available such as R&D Claim.
Employee, Resource and Talent Management
- Line manage members of the UK Finance team, and oversee local market Finance teams;
- Assist with resourcing by interviewing for new roles, across departments as required;
- To review and recommend the Remuneration Committee remuneration and bonus grading (where applicable) of Finance Team;
- Regular liaison with the Group Partnership on working relationships between Finance and other departments, with an emphasis on efficiency and smooth working practices plus any ad-hoc issues that arise;
- To act as a coach and senior leader across the Group.
- Act in good faith to the Company and its Shareholders at all times;
- Maintain loyalty and respect for fellow Partners;Maintain confidentiality of all Partnership Meetings (unless advised otherwise) and respect all Board decisions;
- Set and maintain high standards and lead by example;
- Inspire, motivate and communicate;
- Praise good work and constructively criticise when appropriate;
- Maintain awareness of your team’s pressures and problems and work to resolve where possible;
Annual review by the Chief Executive Officer on the basis
- Financial performance of the business;
- Performance versus agreed targets;
- Accuracy and efficiency of project profitability reporting;
- Efficiency and effectiveness of agreed financial strategies;
- Cash flow levels and effectiveness of planning;
- Finance team performance, motivation and morale;
- Relationships with other operating companies/departments;
- Interpersonal/communication skills;
- Being a team player;
- Being an effective coach/manager;
- Demonstrating the company core values.
- Working effect
Due to the high number of applications we expect on this role, we will only come back to you if your application and experience represents the skills requested by our clientCandidate registration