Senior Financial Controller Marketing Communications / PR London
Full Time Salary – £60,000 – £70,000 depending on experience
Our Client is a leading SME PR and Social Media Agency .
The Agency is independent but looking for an exit over the next 2 years, they are looking for an experienced, professional and pro-active Senior Financial Controller who is qualified and ideally has exposure of getting an agency ready to sell. You will report into a Strategic FD who works on a consultancy basis.
Current EBITDA projected for 2021 is £1m.
The Senior Financial Controller is responsible for directing and overseeing the overall management of the Company’s financial affairs providing day to day leadership, advice and guidance on financial models/ matters.
Senior Financial Controller – Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Work closely with the Chairman/Founder to refine the structure of the business.
- Partner the CEO and Leadership Team in setting the annual budget and long-term strategy and assessing the Company’s performance against these;
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Chairman and CEO as well as the operational teams and make recommendations on strategy and operations;
- Participate as a key member of the company improving the understanding of key metrics and commercial awareness
- Identify and deliver growth and profitability improvement initiatives.
- Support with due diligence and M&A discussions with potential acquirers.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets, business plans and forecasts;
- Analysis and interpretation of financial results, Driving KPI’s measures and developing recommendations to ensure consistency and accuracy throughout the results of the company
- Ensuring all jobs are estimated, planned and worked on in line with contractual obligations and ensuring that any over servicing or over runs are eliminated / minimised;
Cost control & Cash
• Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
• Oversee costs in general making sure they are applicable for the needs of the business.
• Ensure the best ways of managing cost lines/ financing the business are being utilised.
• Undertake procurement reviews to ensure best supplier deals are effective throughout the business.
Accounting and legal
• Oversee the accounting activities of the Company to ensure proper maintenance of systems and the finance function including the preparation and maintenance of regular timely and accurate financial reports; Ensure internal controls and procedures are appropriate.
• Co-ordinate the audit process and ensure compliance with all tax, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Represent the company as the Financial Controller to auditors, solicitors, other professional advisors, government officers & Potential acquirers.
- Oversee legal and contractual matters relating to clients, suppliers;
- Oversee information technology, human resources administration and property matters.
- Manage, mentor and develop the finance team.
Personal Specification of the Financial Controller
A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- More than 3 years’ experience post qualification, at least 2 of which will be as Financial Controller in a similarly sized business (staff 35), Ideally with an understanding of the sector, but definitely within marketing communications.
- Good knowledge of management and financial accounting techniques, with the capability of designing and producing timely, accurate management reports and financial statements using UK legislation and best practice.
- Evidence of a clear understanding of the current developments and best practice in operational financial control in a fast-paced creative business.
- Evidence of effective working in a pressured work environment with tight deadlines;
- A track record of developing strong internal and external relationships across a service driven organisation.
- Support in the management of an exit process
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge
- The ability to communicate effectively within an organisation and to develop strong professional relationships with the company’s advisors.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and internally motivate people to work as a team.
- Ability to manage budgets and resources effectively.
- A business focused attitude; self-motivated with commitment and enthusiasm to deliver the best.
- A proven track record of delivering and working effectively and efficiently.
- A team player who is prepared to lead others, share expertise, know-how and skills but an ability to get tough with peers when / if needed;
- Commitment to the successful exit of the company
- The business is office-based (near the City) and is presently operating 3-4 days in the office. This routine is subject to further review at year end.
- VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and recruitment and eliminating unlawful discrimination
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest. J2545Candidate registration