Our Client is an Independent Design Agency working with a fantastic roster of clients. Recently founded they are well acclaimed and are growing rapidly with offices in London, USA and Germany
Due to growth there is now the opportunity for a Commercial/ Finance Director
Salary Competitive c£90-110K
This role will work very closely with the MD covering Finance / Strategic/ Commercial/ Legal as well as support in the areas of HR and Operations.
There will be a high element of Business Partnering in the role.
The role itself will unfold over time, so you will need to be commercially minded and proactive in approach.
- Oversee the Finance function of the business in all locations. There is resource in all locations be it legal/ financial/ adhoc support
- Consolidated management and statutory accounts
- Prepare and manage company budgets
- Oversee company cash flow and forecasting
- Line manage and develop the Finance team providing guidance and support as required
- Oversee the tax affairs of the company; corporation , VAT, PAYE ensuring full compliance
- Work with the Client services team on revenue forecasting and targets, guiding on project profitability ,KPI measures & rate cards
- Work with Lawyers and professional advisors on senior management incentives, any company restructuring, such things as reviewing R&D claims.
- Work with any new territories / office set ups transfer pricing
- Oversee processes and systems to make sure they capture accurately any client costs that need onward charging
- Analyse and review Profit & Loss account and balance sheet making sure you understand all balances and act on any anomalies.
- Provide useful and timely financial information enabling management to make informed business decisions
- Manage company procurement activities
- Provide guidance on foreign currency budgeting and payment scheduling
- Input into business strategy – growth and profitability targets
- Ensure company compliance with all financial and business legislation; Implement and continuously review robust financial processes and controls to ensure smooth turnaround of month end figures
- Ad hoc related duties as required.
- Qualified accountant ACCA, CIMA, ACA with a strong understanding of working within the Design sector or another Marketing communications agency field
- Detailed and up-to-date understanding of financial legislation and best practice
- Demonstrate positive collaborative relationships with senior stake holders and the rest of the agency
- Contract negotiation experience
- Excellent business acumen and experience as a senior management advisor
- Strong experience with financial software & managing in a project time costing environment
- Good experience of establishing and managing financial processes within a growing SME Business
- In depth understanding of marketing communications industry, preferably the Design Sector
- You will be a self-starter, with a pro-active approach that gets things done
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Great communication skills
Upload a CV