Finance Manager (Qualified / Nearly Qualified)
Very cool Creative Agency
Salary Circa. £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a bright and highly creative team, you will be an integral part of the team reporting into both the HR / Operations Director and the MD. Our Client is fun, ambitious and work with some fab clients. They are looking for a Finance manager who is qualified or nearly qualified who can control the day to day finances and projects being supported by a part time Finance assistant.
The main strengths our client is looking for are:
- A Finance Manager with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fast paced and growing organisation – marketing agency experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Working in a similar role in a creative agency/consultancy with a time-based business model with experience of resource planning and capacity budgeting and reconciling.
- A financial expert on income, costs, tax compliance (VAT / PAYE, NI, CT), expenses and all areas of the balance sheet.
- A top-notch finance manager able to assist in the setting and delivering of finance objectives to meet organisation needs.
- A business partner able to coach and support the client handlers on finance management including budgeting, income recognition and project tracking for time spent and third party costs.
- An outstanding communicator – written and verbal.
- Consultative manner – able to deliver high quality finance advice to internal stakeholders.
- An unflappable operator and problem solver that can juggle multiple responsibilities and is looking for a wide-ranging role.
- A self starter who enjoys leading on tasks but asks for direction when needed.
- A Chartered Qualified individual (or near qualified)
- Experience of agency/consultancy finance systems is essential – Synergist and SAGE is desired
Your responsibilities will Include:
Lead on management accounts
- Responsible for production of monthly detailed management accounts
- Review of the P&L report
- Reconciliation and maintenance of all balance sheet accounts
- Commentary on the KPIs and variance analysis
- Managing the costs and revenue in line with the financial budget
- Support on the preparation of the annual cost budget and quarterly flexed updates
Statutory, payroll and tax
- Preparation of annual accounts on SAGE and key supporting schedules for external accountants.
- Review of CT return and calculation
- Review of VAT return and responses to government surveys
- Ensure all legal obligations of payroll are met
Management of all client income and costs
- Preparation, reconciliation and reporting of monthly income recognition on all client accounts
- Review and reconciliation of deferred and accrued income accounts
- Continual input into and review of the main business income forecast schedule
- Review of WIP reports and recognition of deferred and accrued costs
- Supplier maintenance including contractual terms agreed for all major project costs
Business partner to the client teams
- Preparation, monitor and review of monthly resource planner
- Lead the fortnightly finance update meetings with the senior client team
- Reconciliation and commentary of budgeted net revenue vs actual monthly results
- Review budgets, proposals and SOWs to ensure they are commercially robust and legally compliant with the client MSA
- Support the MD on system and process change and be the lead on specific projects People management and communications
- Line manage the part time Finance Executive
- Delegate and review all work completed by the Finance Executive
- Train the wider team on financial management on their client accounts
- Upskill the consultancy on the use of the finance management system (Synergist)
- Weekly company updates and top tips on finances in the business
Systems and processes
- Lead and be the positive ambassador of Synergist
- Increase the use of the system where appropriate and relevant including the income recognition functionality
- Review and reconcile all financial information reported in SAGE
- Identify and report on potential business improvements and best practice financial procedures and controls in line with a growing consultancy
- Lead on accreditation projects for client procurement requirements and internal initiatives
- Pitching in and supporting your pack with ad-hoc work as required
Our client is particular that the candidate must have exposure to a Creative Agency Environment
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful, usually due to non sector exposure, lack of qualifications or lack of correct skillsCandidate registration