This is a superb opportunity for a Management Accountant wanting to make their mark and step up to take control of the finance function of one of the UK’s most famous and prestigious independent specialist PR agencies. The role will suit an ambitious go getter whose career is on an upward trajectory looking to become a Finance Director in a few years’ time.
You will be supported by the external accountants, NED financial advisor and Deputy Managing Director and will manage one part time member of staff.
The role will allow you to gain valuable experience working with senior stakeholders across the business and build your commercial skill set.
Based in Central London they are offering a very competitive salary of c£45-50k with excellent benefits
Key responsibilities as Finance Manager will include:
To run the finance department and ensure the sound financial management and control of the Company’s resources.
- Production of monthly company and divisional management accounts and variance analysis
- Maintenance of monthly rolling forecasts
- Working with the Deputy Managing Director, and advisors in the production of annual budgets
- Full balance sheet reconciliations including accrued and deferred income
- Timesheet processing and production of job statements
- Job costing management – ensuring all costs are allocated to jobs and invoiced to clients with supporting documentation in a timely manner
- Management of purchase and sales ledgers
- Banking – daily posting of bank transactions, bank reconciliations, supplier, expenses and payroll payments.
- Posting of employee expenses and corporate credit cards
- VAT reconciliation, submission and payment
- Managing Payroll with external providers
- EC Sales list production and submission
- Maintenance and reconciliation of fixed asset register
- Domestic and foreign petty cash
- Production of year end statutory accounts and management of audit
- Performing finance inductions for new members of staff
- Managing one part time staff member
- Adhoc duties as the business requires
Key Attributes required as Finance Manager:
- Finalist/qualified accountant
- Paprika experience essential
- Several years’ experience in a time/project-based environment ideally in an Agency environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational, planning, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to interact with staff across a range of skills sets
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
Upload a CV