Our Client is an international award winning agency and have an impressive Client list. They are now seeking an experienced Finance Manager to head up the finance team reporting into the the General Manager and more broadly to the senior management team.
The role requires initiative and drive as you will be the lead in all aspects of Finance: Monthly Management Accounts, Cash Flow, Controls, Policies, and Procedures; and Finance Training;
The Finance Manager will also be the key finance business partner to Project and Account Directors throughout the business.
The role is focused on management accounts, the financial management of our projects and all aspects of cash flow management. All of this in the context of a fast-growing and dynamic research and strategy business.
The Candidate will form part of the 3 person Finance Team with a Finance Assistant (soon to complete AAT training) reporting into the Finance Manager.
With a desire to step up, the right contribution to the business and application the Finance Manager will have excellent opportunities for progression within the Company as the General Manager looks to refocus on corporate strategy and at the same time the Finance Assistant qualifies bringing a greater level of support to the Finance Manager position
The ideal candidate will be an experienced accountant (Chartered or QBE) with a background in management accounting and a keen attention to detail. There will be a balance required between attending to the day to day duties and taking on more strategic work.
The individual will also possess a real desire to make a difference to those people that they work with in the business and will need to be comfortable in a people focussed agency environment – enjoying dealing with people is a must!
The successful candidate needs to be proactive and able to build positive relationships at all levels within the business in order to ensure that projects are managed successfully from a financial point of view.
Part of the role will involve ensuring that all work, processes and procedures meet corporate, legal, ISO and best practice requirements. It is important that this person champions quality standards and supports those in the business by providing financial expertise and enhancing financial capability in the business.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Heading up the day to day finance team with autonomy over core activities such as credit control, purchase ledger, sales ledger, timesheets and expenses etc
- Cash flow management
- Manage and develop a high performing team who are actively sought out for their financial acumen and advice.
- Sign off of current & cash account bank reconciliations (Weekly)
Project Financial Management:
- Oversight of project finances including managing invoicing, tracking receipt of Client Purchase Orders.
- Build strong relationships with the project managers to support them with the ongoing review of their project performance.
- Attend a weekly live project review meeting with PM’s to ensure all project issues are recognised and resolved in a timely manner.
- Regular project reconciliations to ensure timely and accurate income recognition and forecasting across projects
- Driving continuous improvement, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures
- Oversight of time sheet completion and processing.
- Year end processing together with preparation of Audit File for external auditors and be the first point on contact for all audit queries.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure timely completion of annual statutory accounts.
- Management of outsourced payroll function, company insurances and pension arrangements.
- Raise and communicate financial issues with directors/partners as appropriate.
- Support the preparation of the annual budget and reforecasts .
- Assist in improving processes and undertake periodic initiatives e.g. supplier review.
- Business Partnering with the company’s managers and staff offering financial guidance to enable them to achieve their objectives & raise the companies level of understanding.
- Manage Paprika software and its users to maximise efficiency within the business, overseeing training when required.
- Implementing and monitoring appropriate internal controls which contribute to the effective financial management of the Company.
- Support other areas of the business such as HR and new business tenders
- Preparation of month end accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments.
- VAT returns, P11D’s and PAYE.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Providing Management Information:
- Weekly income forecast
- Rolling 12 week cashflow forecast
- Monthly management accounts
- Quarterly shareholders pack
- Reporting at bi-monthly directors reports session
- Ad Hoc analysis
- Preparation of job profitability analyses
- Monthly MI to banking relationship manager to support facility arrangements
Skills & Experience Required:
- This role will suit a pro-active, organised, people person who enjoys the opportunities and changes that occur in a fast growing, dynamic agency.
- Strong communication skills with experience of managing people.
- To be proficient in all software packages used within office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to work well to tight deadlines
- Forensic attention to detail
- Able to use initiative, financial knowledge and logic to solve problems
- Strong analytical skills and a commercial approach
- Experience of Paprika accounting software would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a marketing services agency or people business could be an advantage
- Need to be able to command respect and get staff to implement required processes
- Private medical insurance with BUPA
- Permanent health insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Stakeholder pension
- Mortgage brokerage service
- 25 days holiday (inc. 3 days between Christmas and New Year) plus bank holidays
Salary: £48k -£55k p.a.
If interested we’d love to hear from you. However, if you have not heard back from us within five working days then we regret that your application on this occasion has not been successful.Upload a CV