Sole Finance Manager Role
Our Client is a highly regarded design company and they are now seeking a versatile Sole Finance Manager to join them at a very exciting time of growth.
Salary Circa £36K for 30 Hours a week – ideally 5 days a week – could suit a parent with children at school
It is a wide-ranging role and would be great for someone for someone looking for flexibility in their working week or someone who wants to gain exposure to all areas of finance.
Month End reporting
- Preparing Management Accounts on a monthly basis
- Computation of depreciation charges, accruals and prepayments, accrued and deferred income
- Balance Sheet reconciliation and maintenance of control accounts
- Revenue, WIP and Stock reconciliation
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register
- Preparing Year End schedules and reviewing with external accountants
- Processing Year End journals to agree with the final Accounts
Sales Ledger- Updating clients/jobs processing sales invoices and preparation of Aged Debtors report/ Credit control
Purchase Ledger: Processing and Balance Sheet reconciliation of Staff expenses/loans and Credit card statements, processing supplier invoice, monthly and adhoc supplier payment runs, aged Creditors reconciliation, procurement – placing orders with suppliers and stock management and stock returns to suppliers.
Cashbook management including: reconciliations of bank, petty cash, credit card and cashflow and sales forecasting
Payroll: Preparation of monthly payroll including journals, balance sheet recs, PAYE and pension payments, P11Ds and directors SA submitted by external accountants.
- Computation of VAT returns
- Dealing with Bank/HMRC/Credit card suppliers
- Forecasting/Budgeting and variance analysis
- Improving processes and reporting
The Ideal candidate will have
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working within a project based and creative environment
- Paprika advantageous but not essential
- Ability to work independently
- No qualms about getting stuck in!
- Ideally experience of working within an SME or be adaptable to working in an SME
- Ability to do full management accounts