Finance Manager (Qualified Accountant) Creative Agency
Salary Circa. £45,000 – £50 0000 per annum depending on experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a bright and highly creative team, our Client is looking for a Qualified Finance manager who will, grow into the FC role. The candidate will control the day to day finances, manage the part time Finance Assistant, it is essential that this individual understands time based fee billing and has good excel.
The Client feels that the role will particularly suit someone who has qualified in practice and looking for their first step into a commercial environment or someone who has worked within Architects / Legal or a Marcomms agency before.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Responsible for production of monthly detailed management accounts
- Review of the P&L report
- Reconciliation and maintenance of all balance sheet accounts
- Commentary on the KPIs and variance analysis
- Managing the costs and revenue in line with the financial budget
- Support on the preparation of the annual cost budget and quarterly flexed updates
Statutory, Payroll & Tax
- Preparation of annual accounts on SAGE and key supporting schedules for external accountants.
- Review of CT return and calculation
- Review of VAT return and responses to government surveys
- Ensure all legal obligations of payroll are met
Management of all client income and costs
- Preparation, reconciliation and reporting of monthly income recognition on all client accounts
- Review and reconciliation of deferred and accrued income accounts
- Continual input into and review of the main business income forecast schedule
- Review of WIP reports and recognition of deferred and accrued costs
- Supplier maintenance including contractual terms agreed for all major project costs
Business Partner to the Client Teams
- Preparation, monitor and review of monthly resource planner
- Lead the fortnightly finance update meetings with the senior client team
- Reconciliation and commentary of budgeted net revenue vs actual monthly results
- Review budgets, proposals and SOWs to ensure they are commercially robust and legally compliant with the client MSA
- Support the MD on system and process change and be the lead on specific projects
People management & Communications
- Line manage the part time Finance Executive
- Delegate and review all work completed by the Finance Executive
- Train the wider team on financial management on their client accounts
- Up skill the consultancy on the use of the finance management system (Synergist)
- Weekly company updates and top tips on finances in the business
Systems and processes
- Lead and be the positive ambassador of Synergist
- Increase the use of the system where appropriate and relevant including the income recognition functionality
- Identify and report on potential business improvements and best practice financial procedures and controls in line with a growing consultancy
- Lead on accreditation projects for client procurement requirements and internal initiatives
The main strengths our client is looking for are:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a fast paced and growing organisation – marketing agency experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Working in a similar role in a creative agency/consultancy with a time-based business model with experience of resource planning and capacity budgeting and reconciling.
- A financial expert on income, costs, tax compliance (VAT / PAYE, NI, CT), expenses and all areas of the balance sheet.
- An outstanding communicator – written and verbal.
- Consultative manner – able to deliver high quality finance advice to internal stakeholders.
- A Chartered Qualified Accountant
- Synergist and SAGE is desired
- Strong Excel is required
Due to the high number of applicants anticipated, only those with the relevant skill set will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has not been successful. J2464Candidate registration