Our Client is one of the fastest growing and largest independent market research companies, with more than 250 employees across offices in the UK and Europe.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a recently qualified Financial Accountant to assume an important role within the finance function of a successful and growing market research SME group, with overseas subsidiaries.
You will play a lead role in the monthly and annual reporting process, covering planning, review and production of the primary statements and notes to the accounts. Additionally, you will provide acquisition support for the FC and the CFO principally covering the review of any acquisition accounting but also to provide input on ad hoc accounting issues throughout. It will also give the opportunity to be involved in treasury activity, systems development, budgeting and process improvement.
This opportunity would suit an ACA from a major firm with experience of more complex groups – consolidations experience is a must – who is also looking to have a wider remit than a pure financial accounting role. This could be an ideal first move from practice into industry.
As Financial Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the monthly and annual consolidated annual financial statements with commentary on key points as required
- Preparing all UK statutory accounts
- Liaison with overseas subsidiaries to ensure accurate and complete monthly reporting package returns
- Evolution of the reporting process and information flow to ensure rapid close and efficient, meaningful reports
- Review of the trial balance: ensuring that all balance sheet accounts have been reconciled by various team members and assist with the final sign off.
- Production of budgets
- Key point of contact for internal and external auditors
- Reporting and forecasting against banking covenants
- Calculation of management recharges across the Group
- Drafting initial Corporation Tax computations
- Review of all treasury activity and fx requirements
- Other accounting and financial reporting tasks as required, with the opportunity to extend into wider financial matters
- Identifying, developing and implementing process and system improvements.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required.
Key attributes required:
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Qualified Accountant, ideally ACA. Likely to be up to 3 years PQE
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables and look ups are essential, macros an advantage)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills, to confidently manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Hands on experience in cash flow as well as completing accounting month end and year end processes.
- Attention to detail is a pre-requisite, as is the desire to produce a quality end product.
- Knowledge of businesses with Private Equity and leveraged participation
- Strong team player
Salary: £45k-£55k p.a.
If interested we’d love to hear from you. However, if you have not heard back from us within five working days then we regret that your application on this occasion has not been successful.Upload a CV