Our Client is seeking a Financial & Commercial Manager with forecasting and planning skills to join their small, friendly, energetic and successful team dealing with luxury goods.
The role would suit someone with a finance background wishing to broaden their business and commercial management experience.
This is a very flexible role Based in North Hertfordshire, with the option to work 1-2 days a week from home.
Working to the Company’s business plan, this role will be responsible for managing agreed financial and planning activities to optimise and ensure continuing profitability.
This is a hands-on position which requires an individual to implement (where necessary), oversee and develop practices across the following areas on a day to day basis:
- Cashflow management and monthly & quarterly financial accounting
- Set and manage product pricing and margins in multi-currencies across multiple platforms and revenue streams
- Sales reporting, analysis and forecasting by product line
- Product and production planning and ordering
- Inventory management and stock control systems
- Maintain marketing schedule
- Advise sales and marketing teams on pricing, planning and commercial negotiations
- Monitor income and expenditure to ensure projects are on track
- Report on the financial status of the business
- Support external accountancy
- Manage foreign currency forward orders
- Liaise with bookkeeper
- Produce financial reports as required
- Process bank transfers, cheques, advances and payments
- Coordinate annual audit and tax payments
- Administer and reconcile office petty cash funds
Key Attributes required:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional financial experience, preferably in fashion, gifts or luxury retail.
- 3 years post qualified within either ACCA, ACA or CA
- Experience in foreign currency transactions.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting software (Xero)
- Excellent management, accounting and analytical skills with strong attention to detail, ideally within a retail environment
- Results-driven and business-minded