Our Client is a full-service live event and digital specialist working with a range of fantastic blue chip and innovative client.
The role of Finance Controller is vital to the on-going success and growth of the Company, ensuring contract management, job costing, client billing, accounting, budgeting, purchasing done across the agency is completed in line with company processes and company values. Flexibility and adaptability are vital qualities for the fast changing pace of our agency environment.
- This position reports to the Commercial and Finance director
- This position has 3 direct reports
- Heading up the day to day finance team with autonomy over core activities such as bought ledger, purchase ledger, timesheets, expenses etc. as well as cash flow management
- Implementing and monitoring appropriate internal controls which contribute to the effective financial management of the Company
- Driving continuous improvement, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures
- Business Partnering with the company’s managers and staff offering financial guidance to enable them to achieve their objectives & raise the companies level of commercial understanding.
- Build and develop a high performing team who are actively sought out for their financial acumen and advice.
- Preparation of month end accounts, VAT returns, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, audits and year end statutory accounts
- Management of payroll, insurance policies and pension arrangements
- Liaise with external advisors on the preparation of statutory financial information
- Implement and maintain all financial controls and systems within the business and review internal company controls
- Manage paprika software and its users to maximise efficiency within the House and across the agency, overseeing training where required
- Manage projects budget reconciliation and closure
- Relationship management
- Business development within client teams – in an appropriate and respectful fashion
- Brand Ambassador, internally and externally
- Resource planning
- Inspire, motivate and develop skills of colleagues
- Create a nurturing and supportive team ethic that is supported by regular performance reviews and objective setting.
- Identify training needs and propose solutions
- Qualified as a chartered accountant or QBE
- Extensive working knowledge of accountancy principles
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Project based accounting experience ideal
- Ideally experience of Paprika or similar accounting software
- To be proficient in all software packages used within office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- UK National or relevant permissions to work in the UK
We look for the following qualities in all of our staff
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Forensic attention to detail
- Can do attitude
- Friendly and approachable – excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and positive
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in helping and inspiring colleagues
- Pride in your work
Salary £55k-£65k depending on experience
We thank you for you interest. However, if you have not heard from us within five working days then we regret that your application on this occasion has not been successful.Upload a CV