£75,000 – £80,000 a year + Excellent Benefits
Exceptional opportunity to join this outstanding digital marketing agency .
As the key point of contact providing financial support to non-finance stakeholders and senior management, you will take responsibility for all management accounting activities, look to improve modelling processes, review and improve long term planning. You will have full responsibility for budgeting and forecasting. We are seeking an ambitious, high calibre candidate .
Key responsibilities as Financial Controller/Head of Finance will include:
- Working closely with the CEO and part-time CFO to prepare business plans providing proactive, strategic financial advice to improve profitability, future growth.
- Supporting on allocated resources and working to reduced costs.
- Oversight & responsibility for Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Cashbook and Control functions
- Responsible for reporting on the overall profitability of the business, ensuring that this correctly reported by regions
- Overseeing a budgetary control system and monitor actual data against approved budgets, plus analyse any variances.
- Working with the Client Services team on revenue forecasting and targets, guiding on project profitability, KPI measures & Rate cards
- Acting as a senior management advisor on commercial issues including agency, client, supplier and personnel contracts
- Communicating key financial messages and issues in a proactive, transparent and concise manner to ensuring all business stakeholders and managers are aware of issues (both positive and negative) impacting on the finances of the group
- Managing and monitor balance of accrued and deferred revenue and work in progress.
- Managing a small finance team
Key Attributes required:
- Experienced Financial Controller/Head of Finance
- Hands-on approach gained through experience in an SME business, attention to detail, and the ability to lead by example
- The ability to communicate well with people on all levels and influence key stakeholders
- Experience within a similar business, ie media, digital, creative, marketing communications or tech
- Experience of Paprika accounting package is advantageous
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or Qualified by Experience