A great opportunity for an aspiring Financial Controller looking to work in an innovative, dynamic and entrepreneurial business with a strong in-house finance team.
Our Client is a top 50 digital agency seeking a Financial Controller to join the finance team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the effective financial management of the business, and driving through change to meet the strategic ambitions of the finance function. You’ll also be promoting financial best practice across all aspects of the business and ensuring key controls are implemented and adhered to in the business.
- Identify and review financial controls and ensure effective processes are put in place to manage them
- Lead the implementation of best practice planning and control techniques, in line with business needs at local and business level
- Work with the business to drive improvement to the cash conversion cycle
- Ensure all statutory accounts, tax computations and other statutory reporting requirements are filed accurately and on time.
- Liaise with the company’s auditors to ensure the preparation of the year-end draft financial statements and all supporting working papers to conform with IFRS.
- Maintain the integrity of the balance sheet and profit and loss at all times ensuring that the Finance Manager completes all reconciliations on time and continually review for any risks and opportunities to the business
- Review and be wholly responsible for all work produced by Finance Manager to ensure accuracy
- To be a positive and engaged senior member of the finance team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA)
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Strong written reporting skills
- Agency experience preferable
- Advanced level spreadsheet skills and systems literacy
- DDS experience preferred
- Experience working in fast paced, quick turnaround environments
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across the organisation
- Flexible attitude towards working commitments.
- Real team player with innate desire to embrace change
Salary up to £70k pa depending on experience
We thank you for you interest. However, if you have not heard from us within five working days then we regret that your application on this occasion has not been successful.Upload a CV