Financial Controller/ Head of Finance – Reporting to the CFO
Salary £55-60k + Excellent Benefits
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading, independently-owned creative consultancies.
As the FC/HOF, you will have responsibility for the finance function across the offices including period reporting, budgeting, forecasting and other ad hoc responsibilities.
To succeed, you will demonstrate an ability to hit the ground running and work confidently with non-financial budget holders from day one. It is essential you have a professional accounting qualification and proven experience as a Management Accountant or Financial Controller with advanced Excel skills.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Take full responsibility for the finance team of three; covering payroll, billing, credit control and management information
- Ensure financial and operational processes align effectively and provide strong control
- Delivering accurate and timely reporting
- Insight into past, current and forecast operational and financial performance
- Completing all period end journals and reports to produce the Management Accounts
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations each period
- Aid the annual budgeting process, and ongoing review of business performance against budget and advice to the business
- Provide financial support to the Group CFO, in particular, by producing appropriate management information for decision making
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory matters including audit and taxation to agreed timetables and regulatory requirements to statutory bodies
- Completion of monthly management accounts, department P&Ls, balance sheet reports, cashflow & assistance with Board pack
- Involvement in re-forecast meetings and updating management accounts as necessary
- Preparation of year end schedules for auditors as necessary
- Liaising with auditors over year end accounts and assisting them during annual audit in office
- Ensure completion of payroll year end returns, monthly payroll returns and dealing with queries
- Ensure completion of P11Ds and dealing with queries.
- Ensure preparation and submission of monthly payroll contributions, posting onto nominal ledger and dealing with queries.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Dealing with queries from bank
- Other ad-hoc project work on an ongoing basis
Key Attributes required:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification
- Media/ communications agency background
- Knowledge of Paprika accounting software
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent business process skills
- First class communication and business partnering skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Advanced IT literacy including spreadsheet skills
Upload a CV