SALARY circa £75k pa
This is a great new role for a Financial Controller/Head of Finance working closely with the Managing Director and Leadership team of this ambitious award-winning design agency, taking responsibility for the finance function. The business is approx £2-3M revenues, 20 people plus freelancers.
The owner/MD is seeking to really develop the service that finance plays in the business, including:
- development & automation of processes & systems
- getting real-time project status/dashboards
- measurement/KPIs of team & project performance etc
Looking for someone who is ambitious, proactive, dynamic and who likes a challenge.
The detailed spec follows below:
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The role of Finance Controller is a pivotal one with a need to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
The key objectives of the role are:
- To contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- To ensure that the business has a secure and stable financial base that supports future growth.
- To build a finance function in terms of people, processes and technology that supports business growth.
- To provide financial insight ensuring that senior management have the information that they need in order to perform their roles.
- To build exceptional commercial relationships with our clients, supporting the building of the company’s reputation in the market.
Management Accounting and Insight:
- Provide insight into project performance so as to ensure that projects remain within budget and provide early warning when over-run is starting to occur.
- Provide timely insight into the financial performance of the company along with recommendations of required actions.
- Working closely with the Directors on expected monthly billing
- Manage constant rolling 3 month cashflow forecast
- Provision of monthly management pack for presentation and discussion at Board meeting.
- Support, advise & guide the Board in a transparent and clear manner
- Develop and control the company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations complied with
- Play an active role in the leadership of the company including developing financial skills and awareness within the business at all levels.
- Effectively manage and develop members of the finance team including undertaking regular performance reviews.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the company senior management team and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
- Support, advise and guide the Board in a transparent and clear manner.
- Produce new fee proposals in liaison with the Directors
- Negotiate new fees with new and existing clients
- Track new business proposals
- Create and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers
- Monitor external contracts and services provided to clients and by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value to the company
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company
- Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations
- Oversee the preparation of the company’s financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time
- Any other activities which may be necessary to facilitate the smooth running of the business
- Experience in client-facing role and proven ability to develop commercially rewarding client relationships
- Has overseen business of turnover £5m+ and above implementing finance software
- Building finance capability within a business
- Creating business plans and strategies to support business growth
- Have experience working within a Design Agency or in Media or Creative fields
QUALIFICATIONS Fully qualified (either ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Understanding of producing new business strategies
- Understanding of ways to enhance a company’s performance
- Knowledge of industry trends
- Leadership and mentoring
- Relationship building
- Team management
Due to the high level of applications being recieved if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been succesful , usually due to non sector exposure , lack of qualifications or lack of correct skills.Candidate registration