This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious, rapidly growing and diversifying (photography, advertising, film , publishing) business. Central London based, there are further plans in the pipeline involving expansion of studio capacity and capability.
In this period of change they are looking immediately for a Financial Controller who can hit the ground running, to quickly take control of cashflow, forecasting, management accounts, manage the finance team and provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
With a meticulous eye for detail, you will lead the Finance team of 3, working closely with the Operations Director to help successfully deliver results and growth. A qualified / Part Qualified accountant with excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, coupled with the ability to influence and lead colleagues is essential. This is a great hands-on opportunity for an aspiring and pro-active accountant to influence and manage the financial operation of the business from start to finish.
Main Responsibility Areas
- Preparation of monthly management accounts – showing Divisional profit and consolidated group accounts- Analysis and KPI measures to be included.
- Control and management of balance sheet – to include monthly review and reconciliation.
- Forecasting of revenue and divisional analysis; Budget preparation
- Audit file preparation and liaison with auditors at year-end.
- Responsibility for enforcing the policies and governance.
- Review reports and analyse projections of sales and income against actual figures and suggest methods of improving the planning process.
- Plan, monitor and control cash-flow through effective working capital management.
- Oversee Bank, purchase ledger and sales ledger functions
- Manage the finance team to oversee the project management and WIP process, liaising with Producers and Heads of Department as and when required.
- Manage all statutory, tax and VAT returns
- Ensure all tax obligations are met
- Oversee Payroll journals and processing
- Support management and lead planning for growth in terms of investment finance
- Ensure that financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth. Significant involvement in the review of possible systems and effect the implementation.
- Support induction of new talent and maintain operating standards through compliance to process and job management.
- Direct management of finance team currently a team of 3 including FM, Finance assistant and Credit controller.
- Coach the business to continually drive commercial awareness.
- Highly proficient with all basic financial procedures and systems, including Sage Line 50 and electronic banking.
- Advanced level Excel.
- Qualified Accountant.
- Experience of working within a studio environment.
Salary: £55k-£70k pa depending on experienceUpload a CV