Financial Controller – Qualified ACA/ACCA Salary £65-80k
Our Client is a fab young agency Group growing by the acquisition of smart data-driven marketing communications agencies – buy & build model. The aim is to build a Group that has a great multi-disciplinary offering for its cli ents. This is a very exciting time to join the company; it is now established with a good funding pipeline and a clear strategic direction. Currently there are less than half a dozen agencies within the group but the acquisition process is underway with a well-developed pipeline of target agencies.
The Group (Holding Company) is looking for a Financial Controller. This will be a varied role working very closely with the CEO & COO and will involve:
- Quarterly group reporting
- Monthly management reporting by Brand
- Instigating real time accounting processes throughout the group
- Development of group treasury function & management of the group cashflow
- Implementing consistent and efficient new systems and processes across the group – within acquired Brands and for the Group Holding Company
- Ensuring intercompany cross charges fairly and accurately calculated, and are posted correctly
- Educate the wider finance team and management teams on commercial matters and processes
- Work with the CEOs/Finance teams of the Brands to onboard successfully and support their grow
- Support the Group CEO with potential new acquisitions including due diligence and analysis of target company performance
It is intended that this role should progress into the Group FD role in time.
In more depth, the Key Responsibilities as Financial Controller:
- Financial reporting and analysis, ensuring that management accounts / forecasts are prepared and reported accurately and on time.
- Preparing group overview and consolidated management accounts quarterly and statutory accounts annually; Manage statutory group audit.
- Managing the groups Cash and Treasury function.
- Support the CEOs of the Brands to prepare achievable budgets & forecasts
- Lead the setting and delivery of financial targets. Working with Brand leads on revenue forecasting and targets.
- Support the increasing growth of the business, with a focus on profitability and building financial discipline throughout the group.
- Help manage the financial, operational and legal requirements to support the growth of the group
Compliance and Security
- Ensure that the business remains compliant with financial regulations.
- Leading and advising on minimizing the company’s tax liability.
- Develop and approve necessary policies in line with legal and compliance obligations.
- Acting as a senior management advisor on commercial issues including agency, supplier and client contracts.
- Good communication of key financial messages and issues to relevant groups in the business (e.g company monthly meeting updates, financial issues reporting to owners where appropriate etc).
- Input into and collective responsibility for the business strategy.
- Active member of Group Leadership Team, taking and believing in collective accountability for the management, total growth and development of the business
- Team management and development of Financial team members both those outsourced and those within the businesses
- Active team member in supporting the Brand agencies with commercial / Growth / Reporting issues/ Learning
- Support in the overall due diligence process: including review and analysis of target company financial information and procedures/contracts/management systems etc
- Support CEO with deal financial modelling
Financial Controller Key Attributes required:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Empathetic, relationship-orientated person who relishes building trusting and respectful relationships
- Good commercial awareness and understanding
- Entrepreneurial energy to help drive the business, to take responsibility for whatever needs to be done and to help deliver continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership when introducing and imposing financial discipline across the business.
- Professional integrity
- Clear, concise and strong communicator
- Well-organised and good with details
- Knowledge of advertising / digital / creative industries
- Experience and passion of getting involved with M&A activity
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience implementing new accounting systems