Financial Controller ( reporting to the CFO & Business partnering stake holders)
Salary Range £65K-£75K + Bens
Creative agency with strong Technology at its Core for Brand Enhancement
This is a fantastic agency with high growth and fantastic potentials for the right person – if you are entrepreneurial , forward thinking , smart , Systems and Tech Savvy , Qualified and want an interesting and developing role then this could be for you.
The Finance Department is an integral part of the business, managing the cash resources of the Group helping drive profitability and providing critical management information in a timely manner. The UK Finance team has two senior roles (Finance Business Partner and Management Accountant) and three junior roles covering AP,AR and credit control. The two senior roles are responsible for delivering the daily, weekly and monthly management information. The Financial Controller will be responsible for ensuring the team deliver the following areas:
Key responsibilities as Financial Controller will include:
Management Accounting and reporting for the Worldwide Group entities
- Ensuring all sales invoices, purchase invoices, cash and all accounting entries are posted in NetSuite on a timely basis.
- Ensure monthly bank reconciliations, journals, accruals and prepayments are reviewed for each entity.
- Preparation of entity and Consolidated Management Accounts by working day 7 together with commercial analysis and review.
- Preparation of the resultant board pack, working with the CFO.
- Responsible for producing a month end timetable and completing a post-month end reviews identifying improvements in the month end process
Financial and Treasury control over all 5 entities. In particular ensuring,
- Daily cash and currency management.
- Timely collection of all debtors and management of creditors.
- Daily management and update of cashflow, funding and rolling cashflow forecasts for the Group
Budgeting and forecasting
- Driving weekly billing and revenue forecasts for EMEA and the US, reviewing on a weekly basis with senior client facing personnel and local management.
- Working closely with CFO and Leadership Team, assist in the annual Budget process and monthly / quarterly forecasting.
Client Profitability, Financial Controls, Systems
- Work with the local management teams to develop accurate job, project and client profitability reporting and reconciliations to help drive overall profitability.
- Proactively manage and communicate financial controls in the business and suggest and develop appropriate improvements. This would include purchase orders, authorisation levels, expenses and billing estimates.
- Develop NetSuite and PowerBI systems as an integrated tool for the management of the whole business cycle including financial accounting and reporting across the business. This would include ensuring estimates, time, purchase orders and billing data integrate seamlessly with the job management system.
- Driving continuous improvement, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies, NetSuite developments and improvements to working practices and procedures
- Lead, motivate, train and develop the UK finance team to ensure they are focused, proactive, and productive in delivering on behalf of the business.
- Monthly team meetings, prioritise team workload, provide leadership and complete 6 monthly performance conversations.
Statutory Reporting and Compliance
- Full responsibility for the preparation of the company and group statutory accounts, consolidation of 5 trading entities and the management of the year end audit.
- Ensuring all statutory and governance requirements are adhered to including Tax, Payroll and VAT reporting.
Key skills and attributes required:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified
- Strong systems skills, NetSuite experience would be desirable and excellent Excel skills
- Creative Agency experience is essential and previous experience of managing a team
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast moving multi-tasking environment
- Ability to interact with staff across a range of skills sets
- Be a trusted partner who inspires confidence in successful delivery of the project
- Energetic, dynamic, innovative, ambitious and driven
- Compelling ‘can do’ attitude
Upload a CV