Financial Controller – sole role – 4 days per week Salary £50-55k pro rata
Our client is a leading branding City based Agency part of a small group of companies. They are now looking for a multi talented Financial Controller to take on this sole charge role.
This is a great opportunity to work closely with the owner on all business related matters. The role covers all aspects of the finance function and HR requirements for all companies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce monthly management accounts
- Working with Account Directors to produce monthly billing.
- Ensure all time & costs are captured on our ‘Job Bagging system’
- Ensuring Invoices are sent out in accordance with the clients’ procedures.
- Posting Sales Invoices
- Overseeing inputting of Purchase Ledger and Expense invoices (Including Credit cards & Petty cash)
- Calculating and processing all month end journals, including Depreciation, Accruals, Prepayments etc.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet figures at the month end.
- Liaising with Outsourced Payroll Department and paying staff via CHAPS
- Paying all Creditors via online banking.
- Ensuring debtors pay in a timely fashion and dealing with any queries that may arise.
- Producing Profit and loss analysis.
- Working with Account handlers to forecast income and producing a P&L & Cashflow forecasts
- Carrying out a monthly analytical review of the profit and Loss account, highlighting and investigating any salient features.
- Setting annual Budgets, reviewing costs
- Prepare a year end accounts file for all the companies
- Liaise with the Auditor to ensure the smooth running of the Audit
- Lead financial meetings with the Auditors, Bank Manager, Lawyers etc.
Key HR responsibilities include:
- Revising & Updating contracts and Office Manuals to ensure they are inline with current company law.
- Ensuring Contracts / Manuals are given out to new employees.
- Managing and reviewing Healthcare cover scheme.
- Dealing with any issues, such as Maternity Leave, redundancies etc ensuring correct procedure in line with company law.
Key Attributes Required:
- Knowledge of Quickbooks advantageous
- Qualified/QBE ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Previous experience within a creative/media environment
- Currently preparing Management Accounts
- Confident working in a sole role