Financial Controller – Immediate start
Reports to: Operations Director
Film Production and Photographic studio
Over the past year there has been rapid expansion of the group of businesses, led in part by the increase of the owners own work as a photographer and director and additionally through the development of new businesses within the Group portfolio. This includes a creative agency offering advertising concepts to delivery, representing and producing for new photographers, as a production company for established directors and a post production service, in addition to its own magazine both published and online.
There are further plans in the pipeline involving expansion of estates as studios for hire and digital services which respond to the changing nature of content consumption for the fashion and beauty industries.
In this period of change we are looking immediately for a Financial Controller who can hit the ground running, to quickly take control of cashflow, forecasting, management accounts, manage the finance team and provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
With a meticulous eye for detail, you will lead our Finance team of 3, working closely with the Operations Director to help successfully deliver results and growth. A qualified / Part Qualified accountant with excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, coupled with the ability to influence and lead colleagues is essential. This is a great hands-on opportunity for an aspiring and pro-active accountant to influence and manage the financial operation of the business from start to finish.
Main Responsibility Areas
- Preparation of monthly management accounts – showing Divisional profit and consolidated group accounts- Analysis and KPI measures to be included.
- Control and management of balance sheet – to include monthly review and reconciliation.
- Forecasting of revenue and divisional analysis
- Budget preparation.
- Manage FX
- Audit file preparation and liaison with auditors at year-end.
- Responsibility for enforcing the policies and governance set forth by the Board in the operation of the business.
- Review reports and analyse projections of sales and income against actual figures and suggest methods of improving the planning process.
- Work with the management team to implement procedural change to support the efficient and profitable running of the Studios.
- Plan, monitor and control cash-flow through effective working capital management.
- Oversee Bank, purchase ledger and sales ledger functions to ensure optimal working capital management and ensure appropriate controls and processes are in place.
- Manage the finance team to oversee the project management and WIP process, liaising with Producers and Heads of Department as and when required.
- Manage all statutory and VAT returns
- Ensure all tax obligations are met
- Oversee Payroll journals and processing
- Manage the banking relationships
- Support management and lead planning for growth in terms of investment finance
- Ensure that financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth. Significant involvement in the review possible systems and effect the implementation.
- Review systems and processes to ensure that they are efficiently capturing the information required in a manner least intrusive to non-finance team members
- Support induction of new talent and maintain operating standards through compliance to process and job management.
- Direct management of finance team currently a team of 3 including FM, Finance assistant and Credit controller.
- Coach the business to continually drive commercial awareness.
- Highly proficient with all basic financial procedures and systems, including Sage Line 50 and electronic banking.
- Advanced level Excel.
- Qualified Accountant.
- Experience of working within a studio environment essential
Salary: £55k-£75K p.a.
If interested we’d love to hear from you. However, if you have not heard back from us within five working days then we regret that your application on this occasion has not been successful.Upload a CV