EMEA/UK Financial Controller
Mat Leave Fixed Term Contract to Jan 2022 – Quick Start required
Must be able to able to analyse and present complex data efficiently and concisely
Salary: £60-70k pa d.o.e.
An award-winning Advertising Agency is seeking maternity cover for a European Financial Controller with high quality FP&A capabilities who has an excellent eye for detail and is exceptional at collating, consolidating, analysing, understanding and interpreting data being presented. There is a great deal of interaction with many overseas markets and also exposure to clients so clear and concise verbal and written communication skills combined with advanced Excel skills, the ability to think on one’s feet and to possess a professional/good-humoured “sleeves rolled up and can do” approach being some of the pre-requisites of the role.
This is an interesting hybrid role to be contracted through to end of January 2022.
- Client reporting: capture of data (both quantitative & qualitative) from our global agencies, which is then consolidated, analysed, interpreted and reported to both senior internal management and to Client. Monitoring data movements/expected results/different markets and extensive intra agency and intra divisional liaison.
- Working on a variety of client requirements including RFP involvement, so high level commercial skills and ability to interpret and convert client procurement requirements into high quality, well presented Excel docs and other applications is essential.
- Sending out and analysing ‘Finance packs’ to EMEA agencies, checking for accuracy and completion, appropriate follow-ups and managing the collation of respondent data.
- Responsible for group reporting of UK/EMEA results of the division into Head Office into the consolidation reporting system.
- Responsible for European HQ unit accounting/reporting, month end close, processing non-recurring journals in addition to coordination of main European agencies reporting.
- Preparation of European balance sheet account reconciliations for divisional European HQ review.
- Ad Hoc projects as required.
The candidate sought will be/have:
- ACCA Qualified.
- Able to interpret and convert client requirements with high presentational skills (personal and on Excel)
- Strong commercial awareness/commercially minded.
- Strong analytical skills and able to interpret and present data into meaningful information (to assist status reviews and decision making).
- Advanced Excel Skills: must be proficient with Pivots, Sum Ifs, V look ups as a minimum
- Great at working with large volumes of data/large spreadsheets quickly and accurately.
- A self-starter and good at creating reports and working efficiently and effectively.
- Accurate and meticulous with an excellent eye for detail
- Solution orientated as a person who can think outside the box
- Well organized, able to compartmentalise.
- Excellent at planning ahead to ensure deadlines are always met.
- Quick but thorough and enthusiastic/friendly/confident team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration