Our Client is a Brand Experience Agency now looking for a FP&A/Commercial Director who will complement a commercially savvy and growth-focused team to support the expansion of their international creative agency.
Salary £70K- £80K per annum depending on experience+ Excellent benefits. Situated West of London inside the M25
You will be responsible for the commercial aspect of the business as well as the commercial aspects of their largest client: So there are 2 distinct streams of responsibility:
- Business Commercial role – UK and Global
You will play an integral role to drive, support and challenge the business on performance, commercial insights, forecasting (working with finance) and decision making from a commercial perspective. Working in close collaboration with the MD and the financial controller, you will:
- Deliver financial KPIs and analysis to support and challenge the business: Ensure visibility and understanding of relevant financial and non-financial weekly and monthly KPIs through the wider business.
- Detailed and proactive business performance analysis: Interpret performance at a project and account level across the UK and US offices.
- Produce rolling forecasts of value drivers: In partnership with the Client Services Director and their team, create detailed forecasting and pipeline plans which underpin the company budget and quarterly rolling forecasts.
- Develop the team: Play a full part in developing, motivating and appraising the wider business by working with all departments to drive resource utilisation and maximisation through implementation of AI tools and other processes
- Decision support and influencing strategy: Provide the business with an understanding of the commercial dynamics of issues, ensuring that risks and opportunities are identified for both profit maximisation and staff utilisation.
- Participate in the 3 year business plan by using insight and Commercial knowledge to drive out appropriate sales and margin outlook
- Challenge and monitor turnover, margin, budgets and forecasts, take a strategic view alongside finance for reporting
- To identify, manage and maximise opportunity across the business and provide the board with recommendations on these opportunities
2.Commercial Lead on specifics Global Client:
Commercial focus as part of an established global team on a specific account. It will be supported by a project accountant responsible for the day to day financial transactions on the account as well as a contracts manager who will be responsible for the contractual transactions around sponsor acquisition across the event portfolio. The main responsibilities of the Commercial director will be:
- Ensure uniform utilization of the new Sponsorship CRM system to develop and deliver all sales reporting
- Report sales pipeline and revenue collected across the portfolio on a weekly basis and deliver key insights regarding trends.
- Provide oversight of sponsor contracting and related account administration across all accounts/events in the client Events portfolio. Using the CRM system once in place and should be automated to provide meaningful views of data and numbers to a variety of stakeholders.
- Oversee the pipeline revenue – tracking partner information and status from interest level to contract signed and invoice paid; including analysis of inbound lead volume and pipeline drivers over time to gage effectiveness of sponsorship go-to-market (GTM) campaigns
- Provide the relevant stakeholders with insight into interpretation of the data and numbers within the CRM systems
- Working with input from relevant stakeholders, define and implement power BI reporting to give status updates through different channels, including but not limited to:
- Sales analytics – provide insight into revenue funnel
- Develop models to translate profitability of a show floor – how do we maximise profitability VS the operational and physical elements required to make it happen – both variable and fixed costs being taken into account and the scalability of these costs
- Insight and modelling of different possible sponsorship pricing models
- Provide commercial analysis and recommendations, working with internal and client stakeholders on mechanisms that need to be put in place to maximise visibility and profitability, in line with the experience given to audience and sponsors
- Pre-event partnership with the event budget managers and Event producers to ensure that all data required is captured in the weekly event report
- Financial close process for each event, proactively working with partners to ensure all contract and payments are received by key dates
- Management of commissions reporting on a regular cadence to support predictable client invoicing and internal revenue assumptions
- Timesheet analysis and reporting, T&E management and monthly client invoicing, to include analysis against agreed SOW
Key Attributes required:
- Part Qualified/ qualified accountant and fab at FP&A
- Will have worked ideally in sponsorship/ live events
- Will be Microsoft Dynamics 365 Proficient , love IT and CRM Tools
- Be great at making information efficient / stream lined & accurate
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills able to communicate these to a wider audience
- Forever commercially driven able to look outside the box and really add value to the company.
- Be able to Drive
- The company can offer some flexible working so long at Clients come first!
Upload a CV