Salary circa £100k
Our client is a fabulous award-winning global brand development and events agency with offices in the UK, Europe and US working with some of the biggest brands around the world.
The Global Finance Director role will be pivotal in the success for the agency as the business moves into its next stage of evolution. The FD should be focussed on supporting the leadership team drive value and growth in each of the markets that the business operates in. The role is therefore focussed more on the commercial development of the group and management of the finance team which focusese upon the day to day. The FD will not only deliver excellence in all aspects of the role, they will also be an ambassador of the company’s culture, values, and mission.
The leadership team consists of a Group CEO and COO along with local market Managing Directors. The Financial Director will report into the COO.
Each market is in different stages of growth and each has its own needs from a Finance Director. Further, the group has at other venture businesses which are part of the group, and there are plans to expand the group into other markets.
The finance team consists of a group financial controller and 4 assistants. Their principal role is to do the management reporting, treasury, book-keeping and the operational day to day finance matters.
Key Responsibilities for the Finance Director:
- Management and development of the finance team
- Review and critically appraise management accounts, budgets and reforecasts
- Build a board pack to communicate the dynamics of commercial performance to board members and other stakeholders
- Providing key performance metrics and associated plans for betterment
- Attendance at board meetings
- Successful integration of acquired businesses (systems, finance)
- Manage the relationships with the group’s bankers, lawyers and accountants
- Support on setting up new entities in new markets
- Building long term business plans reflective of business strategy
- Building annual business plans with each business
- Involved in senior client procurement negotiations in respect of new contracts for services
- Providing guidance on commerciality and pricing for each group business (e.g. rate card)
- Company secretarial work for each entity
- Responsible for maximising cash reserves across the group
- Ensure each business has a roadmap to profit or optimise profit.
What we are looking for
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- A self-starter adept at using their own initiative
- Able to see the big picture
- Able to build great relationships with the leadership team
- A people person, who is flexible / agile, open and calm
- Travel will be required as part of building a relationship with the leadership team.
- Other languages a bonus
Due to the high level of applications we will not be able to respond to all applicants. We thank you for your interest but, if you have not heard back from us within 5 working days, then on this occasion please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Seniority LevelDirector
- Marketing and Advertising
- Events Services
- Public Relations and Communications
- Employment TypeFull-time
- Job Functions