Job Title: Group Financial Controller Reports to: Group Finance Director Salary: £65-70kpa
Background Our client is a global promotional marketing agency, circa €35-40m revenues across approx. 10 countries.
They are looking to hire a new Group Financial Controller, someone looking to develop and gain experience of working in an ambitious multi-national company. This is a very hands on role within a small central finance team, responsible for the day to day running of the global finance operations.
The successful candidate must be an effective communicator, has high attention to detail and is competent at leading a team. The role would suit someone who has been practice trained, and/or with experience at finance manager or financial controller level, with a proven record in group consolidations, managing a month end process and working capital management.
- Coordinating the consolidation of the group’s management accounts on a monthly basis
- Overseeing the group and UK accounts receivable and accounts payable function
- Responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of the group’s monthly management information reporting pack
- Ownership of global cash management and global treasury operations
- Debt Reporting to lenders & ownership of banking relationship
- Coordination of the group’s 6 monthly budgeting process
- Management of 2 direct reports within group team
- Assisting with mentoring and development of wider global team
- Providing solutions to technical financial issues and queries on an ongoing basis
- Preparation and submission of UK entity VAT returns
- Process and controls development
- Involvement in corporate finance projects to obtain outside investment
Skills & Experience
- Professional Accounting Qualification – ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- At least 3 years’ PQE
- Expert knowledge of finance and accounting standards, including statutory and regulatory reporting plus compliance
- Competent at leading a team, with a proven track record of developing finance colleagues
- An effective communicator, both verbally and written. Able to build good working relationships with colleagues in other departments both in the UK and globally.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Advanced excel skills (“Vlookups”, Pivot Tables, “SUMIFS”, macros not required)
- Motivated, enthusiastic and has a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent attention for detail and takes pride in their work.
- Organised and has good problem solving skills.
- Proactive and seeks to keep learning and challenge
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration