Job title: Management Accountant Reports to: Finance Director Location: London Remuneration: Upto £45K
Background An Award winning Creative agency – Growing & Profitable – fab team of around 35 staff.
An opportunity has arisen for a technically minded Management Accountant. This is an exciting role in that it allows the right person to fully own the role and be hands on with working closely with the Finance Director.
This will play a key role in supporting the finance function in the production of monthly management accounts within paprika and delivering to deadlines. The candidate must have had previous exposure to revenue, to the balance sheet, be able to take ownership of the month end close, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, fixed asset register. They will also assist with the year end process.
This is a hands on role within a small finance team and requires someone with a can do attitude, to think proactively and grow with the business. The successful candidate must be confident, an effective communicator and have the analytical skills to interpret data.
- Production of the monthly management accounts as well as ensuring the bookkeeping is done in a timely and accurate manner
- Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Raising invoices to clients as agreed with the Account Handlers
- Prepare and post month end deferred and accrued revenue journals, ensuring proper revenue recognition and reporting
- WIP management – prepare and post cost of sales journals and maintain reconciliations
- Job reconciliations to ensure all revenue and costs associated with the jobs have been accounted for correctly.
- Assist account handlers with revenue forecasting, setting up job numbers, timesheet queries etc
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and reconcile them to nominal reports, investigating any differences before submission.
- Owning the accounts receivable and accounts payable areas.
- Getting involved with client profitability and ensuring staff complete their time sheets
Skills and experience
- Must be a good Paprika user
- Skilled Excel user (vlook-ups, sumifs, pivot tables etc)
- Experience of working in a SME agency
- Excellent attention to detail and has a hard working attitude and desire to learn and develop
- Experience of producing monthly management accounts and doing balance sheet reconciliations
- Knowledge of UK tax regime such as corporation tax, PAYE and VAT
- Experience with working with external accountants who prepare the statutory accounts
- Excellent communicator and has good verbal skills and can build effective working relationships
- Experience of working in an unpredictable environment, can deal with unplanned changes to tasks and successfully handle several tasks at any one time
- Make/suggest decisions in the commercial interests of the business. Remains aware of any new and emerging practices and looks to make improvements to processes and reporting to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and has a positive attitude to work
- Excellent attention to detail, task driven, very oganised and has good problem solving skills
- Proactive and seeks to make improvements
- Takes pride in their work
- Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management/ colleagues/external suppliers and confident to articulate views and influence peers
- Enjoys socialising and getting involved with the office fun and embracing the culture
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration