Management Accountant- South East London
£35,000- £40,000 per annum DOE
Role and responsibilities
Our client is a fun, creative global advertising in SE London. They are now looking for a Management Accountant with strong Paprika experience to oversee the day-to-day financial running of 3 entities within the group. This could be a great role for someone who is looking for the next step up, who enjoys improving systems and wants to gain further exposure to management accounts.
Paprika project expert and administrator:
- ‘Champion’ Paprika – offer support/training to the wider team.
- Set up of new suppliers, freelancers, new clients & employees, and set-up of new projects.
- Confirm accuracy of project estimates and budgets from the system as per project plan.
- Monitor the forecasting of all jobs through Paprika alongside PM team.
- Raise POs and ensure estimated costs vs the related budgets are accurate.
- Close out all completed projects and produce sign-off documentation for the project director (profitability, performance against budget, analysis of material variances from plan, etc).
- Develop project performance reporting and improve processes e.g. automation
Month end accounts preparation
Initial Preparation of Month end accounts for review; Accruals/Prepayments adjustments, Fixed Asset and associated depreciation, FX fluctuation journals, Balance Sheet account reconciliations, Freelancer Reconciliation and resulting adjustment to Accruals.
Day to day Financial management
Initially the role will also cover the day-to-day administrative tasks, but on returning to the office they intend to hire a Finance Assistant / Apprentice to take this on.
- AP invoice processing
- Correct coding the expense e.g. direct job cost or overhead.
- Reconcile supplier statement & follow up discrepancies as applicable with suppliers.
- Weekly supplier payment runs.
- Manage and develop supplier relationships.
- Credit control.
- Revenue Recognition- Weekly meetings with PM team.
- Sales invoice finalisation and reconciliation to sales forecast and Paprika budgets
- Review expenditure items to identify rechargeable direct expenses.
- Manage intercompany recharges.
Other Finance related tasks
- Daily bank account management and monthly reconciliations.
- Monitor and reconcile credit card spend
- Petty cash reconciliation and management
- Time sheet management.
- Provide ad hoc project and financial reporting as required by Finance Director or Managing Directors.
- Maintain staff holiday records.
- Liaise with Traffic/Office manager to ensure timesheets are submitted on time.
What kind of person are you?
- Prior accounting experience required: 2 years +
- Good current knowledge of Paprika (Essential).
- Desire to study a professional qualification.
- Previous line management experience desirable.
- Ideally experience within the Creative/ Marcomms Sector
- Must be proficient in MS Excel (V-lookups, pivot tables etc).
- Confident self-starter and team player
- Proactive and time efficient.
- Positive, can do attitude.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration