Management Accountant – Media / Creative Studio/ Entertainment/TV
Qualified / Finalist
Salary £38K-£45K depending on Experience and Exams
Our Client is looking for a proactive and capable professional Management Accountant, reporting to the Financial Controller.
A Fun Studio environment covering TV, Theatre, Content, Digital – a full service rounded role.
This role will support the London team , finance and non-finance together with working into the parent team. The role will involve the preparation of the financial reporting and budgeting, as well as ensuring the smooth running of the purchase-invoicing to-payment process.
We are looking for a strong candidate who has the capabilities and ambition to progress in the role as the demands of the business grows. The person filling this role will have previous experience of working in a reporting and analytical role, preparing management accounts and working at a transactional level (eg Accounts payable).
Key Responsibilities of the Management Accountant:
Management Accounts & Reporting
- Management Accounts; working with the Finance team in the parent company, Financial Controller, FP&A Manager and other non-finance departments, prepare the monthly management accounts including;
- Preparation and review of accurate accruals and prepayments
- Preparing and reconciling the department view of the management accounts.
- Ensuring all costs are captured correctly
- Analysing and explaining variances and generating accounting adjustments as needed.
- Maintaining trackers of key metrics such as contractor days worked.
- eCommerce reporting; assist in the monthly reporting on the financial performance of the Company on line store.
- Production cost reporting; prepare weekly updates of production cost reports for various productions. Including reconciling back to the management accounts and AP ledgers as well as liaising with Production Managers to ensure an accurate financial position is reported.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, preparing models and assisting with analysis.
- Assist with additional analysis, tracking and project work as required.
- Assist with audit and tax credit questions from the parent company.
- Support the FP&A Manager in a business partnering role across the company including working with Development, Marketing, Consumer Products, TV, Content and Digital teams.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the revenues and costs of the business.
Treasury, AR, AP are undertaken by the parent company. The Management Accountant ensures the smooth running of those processes through review of outputs and resolving day-to-day queries with the company teams. As the London Finance Team is small, this role will include hands-on additional transactional work (credit cards etc).
- Responsible for training and assisting the wider company team with raising of PO’s.
- Leading the weekly Goods Receipting process with the wider team to ensure costs are paid on time and accounted for correctly
- Responsible for helping with purchase-to-payment queries with the FA
- Reviewing weekly payment runs provided by the parent company finance team and obtaining the appropriate approvals.
- Monthly review of creditors & debtors.
- Ad hoc raising of PO’s.
- Ad hoc liaison with suppliers to resolve particular queries.
- Responsible for coding and reporting of accurate company credit card expenditure.
- Ad hoc processing of expenses.
- Add value to the finance systems and processes by improving efficiencies and implementing process improvements.
- Assisting with numerous ad hoc projects and analysis for the various departments
Requirements for the Management Accountant
- 2 years’ experience in a management accounting role
- Part or newly qualified Accountant (CIMA , ACCA, CPA, ACA )
- Proven experience of preparing & analysing management accounts.
- A pro-active self-starter who is good at taking initiative to find solutions.
- Excellent excel skills (sumifs, index-match, pivot tables) and data manipulation skills with strong experience in analysis.
- An outstanding communicator who can build relationships, business partner and liaise effectively with all stakeholders
- A logical and structured approach to work.
- Ability to identify issues and develop solutions to redesign processes, often using technology to improve the finance function.
- Strong potential for development and able to understand a breadth of new areas and issues.
- A can-do attitude to problem solving and a willingness to go the extra mile when required.
- Experience of accounts payable is an advantage.
- Experience in media or production.
- Ideally a quick start would be perfect.
1221Upload a CV