Management Accountant – Salary £35-£45k with excellent benefits
About the company:
Our Client is an award winning global content creation company who are now seeking a qualified / Nearly Qualified Management Accountant to join the team
As Management Account/ Financial Analyst, you will prepare the financial accounts and reports for the UK and French operations. This role will report into the Financial Director, and require a solid technical understanding of accounting principles and policies. In this role you will be expected to have strong Excel skills and be able to manipulate & analyze large amounts of Data.
The role will be supported by a Finance Assistant and Accounts Payable Clerk who are responsible for AR/AP postings, and will support on the accurate reporting of the P&L and projects.
Our Client is looking for a candidate that demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit, strong commerciality, a proactive attitude and a drive to learn and develop.
Key Responsibilities as Management Accountant/ Financial analyst will include:
- Preparation of the management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring timeliness and accuracy for reporting back to the Board / Senior Management Team.
- Overseeing the consolidation of group management accounts
- Provide meaningful insights and commentary on the management accounts.
- Consolidating forecasts
- Preparation of statutory reporting
- Ownership of the accuracy and timeliness of the financial reporting
- Preparation of all balance sheet reporting
- Management of petty cash registers / reconciliations
- Overseeing the AP Clerk
- Supporting the Finance Director
- Preparation of all UK tax returns, and liaising with French accountants to ensure the return and payment of French taxes.
- Raising ad-hoc invoices and intercompany cross charges as required.
- Supporting / mentoring assistant accountant and support staff.
Key Skills and Attributes required:
- Newly or Nearly Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ ACCA/ CPA)
- Degree educated
- Strong technical knowledge, abreast of current IFRS/GAAP legislation
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of other Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc)
- Knowledge of and ease of adaptability to various financial software (Sage, Netsuite ideally).
- Proven management accountant experience.
- Comfortable working with large sets of data
- Proven business partnering & relationship management
- Demonstrates strong commerciality
- A strong attention to detail, thorough and methodical.
- Able to work autonomously with strong proactivity
- Excellent skills in data analysis & presentation
- Process orientated
- Embrace and influence change
- Experience in consolidated/subsidiary reporting
- A good understanding or keen interest of the advertising & production sector