Our client is a well established London based Communications Agency.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, forward-thinking agency, with a fantastic history of creating great client work
They are now looking to recruit an exceptional part-qualified or recently qualified ACCA or CIMA Management Accountant to join this vibrant lively finance team reporting in to the Head of Management Accounts.
Our client will require you to be responsible for production of the monthly management accounts for a number of companies in the partnership. You will be liaising and working closely with Managing Directors and Heads of Department to ensure budgets & forecasts are on track.
This is a diverse role that gives real responsibility and autonomy whilst also offering support of a very experienced finance community.
The role is demanding but will also lead to fantastic career opportunities.
It is an ideal position for someone looking for a highly dynamic and commercial business partnering environment, with a broad remit supporting the business from a finance perspective.
Key Responsibilities as Management Accountant will include:
Reporting and Planning:
- Responsible for producing the monthly management accounts for a number of companies in the partnership, including commentary on all material variances.
- Preparation and posting of all month end income and cost accruals, prepayment and re-classification journals and subsequent reconciliation of management accounts to Paprika.
- Monthly reporting of actuals, forecast, KPI’s and commented movement analysis to group
- Working with Managing Directors, Heads of Departments and Business Directors to ensure forecast are up-to-date and accurately reflect the income and costs expectations.
- Review of forecasts with MD, CEO and CFO.
- Coordinate and prepare the annual budget.
- Support with the annual preparation of statutory accounts and tax packs including liaising with external auditors.
- This business facing finance role will require the successful applicant to quickly establish strong working relationships with non-financial management in order to both support and challenge depending on the circumstance.
- You will create the bridge between Finance and the business in order to support the business in all finance and commercial queries and decisions.
- This includes supporting the Managing Directors of your businesses with operational and strategic decisions and preparing scenario planning to assess the associated financial impact.
- You will work closely with partners in developing pricing proposals and liaising with different stakeholders to ensure the viability of the proposals.
Cost Management & Controls
- Authorising all overheads, including the review and authorisation of monthly payroll and staff costs as well as staff expenses.
- Ensure the business is adhering to all financial processes and controls and that income is being recognised correctly.
- Continual development of financial processes and controls.
- Ensuring costs are being managed in-line with budgets.
- Full Balance Sheet reconciliations including the preparation of monthly balance sheet reporting packs for FD review and submission to parent company.
Key Attributes required:
- A part-qualified or recently qualified ACCA or CIMA Management Accountant, who is both commercially focused and technically competent, with a well-rounded understanding of business in general.
- Experience must have been gained in a commercial and collaborative environment and include the preparation and analysing of management accounts in a timely and efficient manner as well as forecasting and analysis.
- We are looking for someone who is able to bridge the finance/non finance gap and ideally has a passion for working in the advertising industry to best allow them to partner with the business.
- You will need strong stakeholder management skills including the ability to translate numbers into a business story and to communicate with all levels of the business.
- Well organised but with the ability to be flexible and respond to changing deadlines and requests.
- You must take real pride in your work and have a strong sense of ownership, be hard working with a committed, “Can do” attitude.
- Great team player.
- Intermediate (ideally advanced) Excel ability with experience using Pivot Tables, vlookups, data linking etc.
Unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all applicants directly. In the event that you apply for this role but haven’t had a response within 5 working days, please assume that on this occasion you’re application has been unsuccessful. We thank you for your interest.Upload a CV