Great opportunity for a Management Accountant at this West/Central London Marketing Agency
Salary c£46-50k + Excellent Benefits
Ensure the timely and accurate production of management information to the Financial Controller (FC). Overall responsibility for bank dealings. Liaise with HR/Staffing Team regarding payroll and pensions to ensure that the monthly and weekly payroll is correct.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Management & External Reporting
- Produce detailed monthly Management Information Packs with Financial Controller (FC). Export draft figures from Paprika and input into the Management Accounts template. Analyse P&L accounts and reconcile balance sheet items including:
- Overseeing maintaining the fixed asset register
- Reconcile aged debtors and aged creditors
- Bank reconciliations
- Review and post overhead prepayments and accruals, along with any adjustments
- Input office wage journal and reconcile net wage and PAYE control accounts
- Reconcile finance leases
- Preparation, submission and payment of VAT/Corporation Tax
- Variance Analysis of overheads
- Monthly balance sheet reconcilations
- Maintain books and records to audit standard and prepare statutory reports for external auditors (annually).
- Work with the FC, compile and monitor the annual internal budget and meet with cost budget holders on a monthly basis to monitor overhead expenditure and make cost saving recommendations. Be the “go to” person for financial queries and advice for cost centre managers.
- Manage Paprika set up and develop to improve management reporting. Allocate user licences and work with direct reports to ensure Paprika training is provided to the appropriate level.
- Maintain cash flow forecasts and oversee debt collection. Ensure sufficient working capital levels are maintained.
- Provide information to trade bodies, The Office for National Statistics and Companies House.
- Assist the FC & FD with approving client costings and job maintenance where necessary
- Assist the FC with WIP reviews where necessary
- Ensure the FC and FD are made aware of relevant issues/internal control weaknesses.
- Carry out any other duties and analysis as directed by the FC and FD.
- Work with the HR department to ensure that all payroll payments and deductions are correct, inputted into Sage Payroll and reconciled in Paprika on a timely basis.
- Provide financial payroll support to Staffing to ensure the Weekly payroll is accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
- Run the monthly and weekly payroll and submit the pensions in a timely manner.
Personal Skills Required:
Attitude and Approach
- A real problem solver with the ability to recommend alternative ways of working and streamline the current finance processes
- A can do attitude, sense of humour and good communication skills
- Flexible, proactive and approachable
- Plan and organise your work effectively
- Good commercial awareness
- Confident decision maker
- Reporting directly in to the FC
- 1 Direct Report, Purchase Ledger Controller
- Being able to work within a team
- Development of team members
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Newly qualified, part qualified accountant or equivalent experience
- Industry experience
- Advanced level Excel
- Knowledge of Paprika advantageous
- Knowledge of Sage Payroll