Finance Assistant – Salary: 25-28k plus study support
Our Client is a fabulous award-winning global brand development and events agency with offices in the UK, Europe and US working with some of the biggest brands around the world.
They are going through a time of rapid growth and are now seeking an exceptional individual to join this lively team as Finance Assistant UK & France reporting to the Senior Management Accountant.
As Finance Assistant you will be working closely with the EU Financial Controller & Senior Management Accountant, you will be at the heart of the support for the day to day financial operations across the UK and France.
This role will involve the management of both internal and external stakeholder relationships, this will require someone who is confident in building relationships and dealing with and resolving queries.
Finance Assistant responsibilities will include:
Management of the AP :
- Processing all purchase ledger invoices, to include full authorisation process and data entry into Paprika
- Resolving any queries which may arise during process
- Preparation of bi-weekly statement reconciliations to support payment run
- Preparation of bi-weekly payment run, for review with EU FC
- Posting of all payments into Paprika
- Reconciliation and posting of monthly credit card statements
- Weekly bank reconciliations, with full close out and month end
- Full monthly close out of AP ledgers, to ensure accurate monthly reporting.
Management of AR :
- Weekly billing reconciliation and raising invoices from Paprika
- Resolution of any billing queries, via liaison with Finance Coordinator
- Posting of all payments received (and reconciled weekly/monthly as above)
- Follow up and chase for any overdue client balances and manage escalation process if issues arise
- Regular weekly review of WIP accounts, to ensure all weekly client billing is being charged
- Full monthly close out of AR ledgers, to ensure accurate monthly reporting.
Month End Processes:
- Produce monthly accrued and pre-payment calculation, followed by journal entry into Paprika
- Fixed asset register management, to assist Senior Management Accountant with month end journals
- Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, to include full schedule back up for review with EU FC
- Management of accounts inbox, ensuring timely processing and response
- Weekly AP/AR commentary
- Any ad hoc requests.
Finance Assistant key attributes required:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with people at all levels
- Paprika knowledge advantageous
- French speaker very advantageous .
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.