Position/Title: Payroll Manager
Location: London, City
Salary: Competitive depending on experience (circa £45k pa)
Our client is a fabulous award-winning global brand development and experiential events agency with offices in the UK (headquarters), Europe and US working with some of the biggest brands around the world.
We are looking for an experienced payroll manager to join their growing finance team. You will be taking full ownership of the UK payroll function for both internal and field staff and work closely with staffing, finance and operations teams.
We are looking for highly organized individuals who can run the day to day payroll operations and who continuously strive to improve internal processes and systems through automation and by building strong working relationships across the business.
We are looking for a solution-focused payroll manager with the experience and patience to deal with a large number of field staff, who are treated as an extension of the team.
The UK finance team consists of a Global FD, Global FC, management accountant and a finance assistant.
- Payroll Operations
- Review and submission of internal and field staff payroll to external payroll bureau
- First point of contact for payroll provider and support on all queries
- Liaison with HMRC where necessary
- Review of all internal reports with a focus on automating process where possible
- Reconciliation and posting of payroll journals
- Payroll key accounts balance sheet reconciliations, with support from the management accountant
- Monthly payroll reporting and analysis to the finance team
- Review and improve internal payroll process, working closely with the finance and staffing team on reducing manual process where possible
- Review internal processes for compliance and proactively flag issues to the Financial Controller
- Put solid processes in place to deal with high volumes of field staff with varying rates
- Work closely with payroll provider on simplifying use of their system
- Work with the staffing and finance team on building more robust time sheet policies
- Review internal staff database and work with the data team on further automating outputs.
- Be the first point of contact for the staffing team and field staff, ensuring internal ways of working are collaborative and efficient and in line company values
- Continuously seek to improve collaboration and support the staffing teams in resolving queries with a calm and patient approach
- Feed back regularly to both the finance and staffing teams where improvements can be made
What we are looking for:
- Holder of a payroll qualification
- Excellent technical payroll knowledge and up to date skills in line with this year’s developments
- Experience in dealing with complex payroll queries
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in HR or collaborating closely with HR a bonus
- Strong systems skills with a very good working knowledge of Excel
- Good time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with people at all levels
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful, usually due to non sector exposure, limited qualifications or lack of correct skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration