Our Client creates incredible live brand experiences. They are now seeking a proactive and passionate Project Accountant with extensive data management and analytical skills to work with the Project Management, Accounts and Finance teams to manage their project finances and help them improve their processes and systems along the way. Reporting into the Commercial Director.
Great bonus there is the opportunity to work from home on Mondays and Fridays, events and client meetings permitting.
Salary £28-35k – Based in in Staines
Working closely with a talented team, you will be responsible for the management and reporting of multi-currency project finances to both the Client and the Internal Teams. The Project Accountant will be required to multi-task on numerous event projects and where necessary, provide weekly and ad hoc reporting.
Key Responsibilities as Project Accountant will include:
- Working with the project team(s) to proactively track project costs against budget and report on any variances and discrepancies.
- Ensure time sheets, costs and sales invoices are correctly allocated and have been captured in all finance project reporting both internally and externally.
- Periodically produce finance project status reports to the teams highlighting any issues or areas of concern.
- Working with project teams to accurately produce cashflow forecasts.
- Proactively track Client PO’s, update billing schedules and ensure sales invoicing of all project costs and fees are submitted in time to support positive working capital.
- Ensure that all project costs and T&E that are recharged are as agreed against SOW and adhere to Client contract.
- Management of commissions reporting on a regular basis to support predictable Client invoicing and internal revenue assumptions.
- Prepare and circulate the weekly sales report – liaising with the Account Teams to ensure data captured from pipeline is accurate and up to date.
- Working with the Commercial Director to improve/develop Client reporting of sales targets and KPI’s.
- Responsible for ensuring that any outstanding accounts and/or monies owed are professionally retrieved
- Working with the Commercial Director to produce monthly project analysis including KPI’s and Project/Account Team P&L’s.
- Responsibility for the financial close process for each event, proactively working with partners to ensure all contract and payments are received by key dates per event, including the cadence of reporting the status to the event team daily leading up to key cut-off dates
- Time sheet tracking and utilisation reporting.
- Ongoing maintenance of job ledger
- Ability to create new procedures and reports, when and where appropriate
- Assisting the Commercial Director with Company forecasting and adhoc
- project/company analysis.
- Ensuring all legislative and regulatory requirements are met and to
- provide advice to safeguard the Company from financial risk.
- Ability to Demonstrate the Company values at all times
Key Attributes required:
- Highly motivated and passionate with a “can-do” approach to finding solutions and delivering customer service
- Excellent and persuasive communicator both written and verbally.
- The ability to work at pace and under pressure as this role is a high volume and analytical
- Proven excel skills at advanced level, ability to create reports from scratch and sound ICT skills in general.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a confident communicator with suppliers, clients and colleagues.
- The ability to work collaboratively and respect the views of others
- Either a qualified or at least part qualified Accountant
- Previous project accounting experience
- Ideally having previously worked in an event agency environment