Job title: 3-6 months Maternity Cover Project Accounting Manager
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Location: London (SE1) with occasional travel in southern UK
Overview: Control and reporting of all project revenues and costs and the billing cycle
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Calculation of Group revenues under the Group revenue recognition policy; ensuring consistency and accuracy
- Review and adjustment of all project related costs to ensure accurate margin and contribution reporting
- Responsibility for accurate reporting of all internal labour costs
- Monthly reporting of Business Unit results
- Become the main point of contact for the Business Unit heads by reporting profitability, answering queries, providing support etc
- Working capital reporting
- Ensuring reconciliation to underlying accounting records
- Ensuring rapid completion of the billing cycle and minimising WIP where possible
- Review of client contracts and documents
- Preparation of information for auditors and any other external review (e.g. banks) as requested
- Maintain and recommend improvements to financial controls and processes
- Any other ad-hoc requests as requested by the GFC or CFO
With the key deliverables being:
- Timely and accurate production of project and business unit information
- Ensuring a “no surprises culture” is maintained with high visibility of potential financial issues and their pro-active resolution
- Active suggestion of system and process improvements to aid efficiency and quality of information
Internal: Group Financial Controller, Other members of Finance team and CFO, Business Unit Heads, Operational teams, Commercial Administrators
External: Auditors, Banks
The successful candidate:
You will be a Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA), or possibly an exceptional finalist, with:
- A minimum of 2 years in a similar role
- A strong customer service focus, with excellent interpersonal skill and the ability to build effective working relationships with Internal and External stakeholders, including nonfinancial people
- Demonstrable commercial experience and ability, as well as an clear sense of financial control
- Prepared to work in the detail, but capable of understanding and managing the overall situation
- Good planning and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills (pivots, vlookups, sumifs)
- An enthusiastic and energetic self-starter with the ability to work autonomously, identify problems and implement changes to drive continuous improvement.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight reporting deadlines.
And preferably with:
- Experience of using Paprika
- Marketing Services or other project/job based industry experience
- Experience of a Private Equity and growth/change environments
Unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all applicants directly. In the event that you apply for this role but haven’t had a response within 5 working days, please assume that on this occasion you’re application has been unsuccessful. We thank you for your interestUpload a CV