Our Client is one of the fastest growing independent marketing communications agencies, with more than 300 employees across offices in the UK and Europe.
They are now looking for a Group Reporting Financial Accountant to join the Finance Team in the London offices
This is a unique opportunity to assume an important role within the finance function of a successful and growing marketing communications group, with overseas subsidiaries and which is private equity backed.
You will play a lead role in the monthly and annual reporting process, covering planning, review and production of the primary statements, notes to the accounts and board commentary. Additionally, you will control the cash position of the group and any treasury activity, develop and produce forecasting tools across the group and to provide acquisition support for the Group FC and the CFO. It will also give the opportunity to be involved in systems development and process improvement.
This opportunity would suit an ACA/ ACCA from a major firm with experience of more complex groups – consolidations experience is a must – who is also looking to have a wider remit than a pure financial accounting role.
This could be an ideal first move from practice into industry.
Your role will involve:
- Preparing the monthly and annual consolidated annual financial statements with commentary on key points as required
- Preparing all UK statutory accounts and assist with the Group accounts
- Liaison with overseas subsidiaries to ensure accurate and complete monthly reporting package returns
- Evolution of the reporting process and information flow to ensure rapid close and efficient, meaningful reports
- Review of the submitted accounts, ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled, supporting information provided, agreement of intercompany position and assist with the final sign off.
- Production of budgets and forecasts
- Key point of contact for internal and external auditors
- Reporting and forecasting against banking covenants
- Calculation of management recharges across the Group
- Drafting initial Corporation Tax computations
- Review of all treasury activity and fx requirements
- Other accounting and financial reporting tasks as required, with the opportunity to extend into wider financial matters
- Identifying, developing and implementing process and system improvements.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required.
Key Required Attributes:
- Good working knowledge of FRS
- Qualified Accountant, ideally ACA/ ACCA. Likely to be up to 3 years PQE
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables and look ups are essential)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills, to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Hands on experience in cash flow as well as completing accounting month end and year end processes.
- Attention to detail is a pre-requisite, as is the desire to produce a quality end product.
- A keen interest in developing yourself both technically and commercially
- Knowledge of businesses with Private Equity and leveraged participation
- Strong team player
- Ideally a knowledge of the Marketing Services industry and of the Paprika financial system
Our Client can offer:
- Interesting, exciting business working with some of most innovative and important brands in the world
- Stimulating, informal working environment
- Lots of scope for career and personal development
- Salary Circa £50- 55k + benefits
Unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all applicants directly. In the event that you apply for this role but haven’t had a response within 5 working days, please assume that on this occasion you’re application has been unsuccessful. We thank you for your interest
Upload a CV