Sole Role Finance Manager
Salary £50-60k pa
About the company
Our Client operates at a cutting- edge Tech sectoring serve mobile operator and content provider clients across 4 continents.
This company was established around 8 years ago, has enjoyed strong revenue growth and is uniquely positioned to benefit from a range of future growth opportunities. It is an SME business with circa 25 staff in London and its offices are based near Old St . They operate on circa £2.5m revenue.
About the role:
The Sole Role Finance Manager is a newly created post offering plenty of scope for development.
The role reports directly to the Founders.
The successful candidate will act as a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth running of the Company’s day-to-day finances and financial reporting function.
General accounting duties include the inputting of all primary accounting information, invoice processing, reconciliation of accounts and preparation of management accounts.
Specific Responsibilities of the Sole Role Finance Manager
- Process supplier invoices and other expenditure, invoice coding, authorisation and maintenance of bought ledger
- Process staff expenses, verification of claims, credit card payments and monthly petty cash reports
- Prepare weekly BACS payment of invoices, expenses and other payments as required
- Prepare sales/income invoices, coding, issuing invoices and recording income/receipts and maintenance of sales ledger
- Set up direct debits and standing orders as required
- Perform all bank, credit card and petty cash postings and subsequent monthly reconciliations for review
- Run monthly trial balance and prepare management accounts (income and expenditure, cash flow forecast, balance sheet)
- prepare VAT returns manage HMRC payments and reconciliations of tax accounts
- Support on the outsourced payroll journals / payments etc.
- Deal with accounts and general routine queries to finance section from external and internal customers
- Lead on year-end accounts preparation and liaison with external audit
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Purchasing materials, equipment and services that provide value for money to the company
- Liaise with Landlords / Insurance providers and other professionals as necessary
- Support where necessary on Visa applications for foreign staff members
- Other duties deemed appropriate by the Founders to assist in achieving the aims and objectives of the company
Person Specification of the Finance Manager
We are seeking an individual with the following skills, attitudes and experience required for the role:
- Experience of ensuring complete, accurate and timely accounting records, using accounting products (ideally Quickbooks Online) or Xero
- Intermediate advanced in Excel
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi task, prioritise work, and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work using own initiative, but also seek support/guidance as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including telephone skills)
- Willingness to get involved in a variety of projects and activities
- Part qualified or skilled QBE
- Intelligent with a can do attitude
- A real desire to understand and work in Tech sector
- Degree educated with strong A Levels