Our Client is a well established London based creative agency with global offices and they are now seeking an experienced WIP Controller with experience working within the advertising/creative/media sector. This role reports directly into the Finance Director and is responsible for the billing and WIP management of the Agency.
Key Responsibilities as WIP Controller will include:
- Ensure correct process is maintained when opening new jobs and setting up new clients on the system.
- Efficient & timely management of open jobs- liaising with account management teams to review and action as necessary.
- Review, approval and management of estimates
- Raising of sales invoices based on estimates
- Ensure jobs are reconciled and closed down correctly.
- Good understanding of VAT
- Liaise with Management Accountant to ensure financial reporting of P&L and Balance Sheet is accurate with regards to income & WIP
- Ownership of Balance Sheet reconciliations relevant to area, as part of the month end process.
- Debt collection including, chasing overdue invoices, posting cash receipts
- Maintaining best practice of systems and processes
- Assist with training on Finance systems and processes
- Assist with any ad hoc work or analysis.
WIP Controller Key Requirements:
- Essential that you have experience of WIP control within the advertising/ creative/media sector.
- Approachable and efficient
- Good level of understanding of the accounting principles
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience of clearing a backlog of aged WIP balances.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration