Role: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Contract: 6 months
Location: London – Hybrid
Salary: £37,000 – £45,000
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Reference: VisionFR 2958
VisionFR is helping to recruit for an Accounts Payable Supervisor on behalf of a leading culture media brand. The role is supported by a full time accounts payable assistant.
Duties of the Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Management of 2 x Accounts Payable Inboxes
- Maintenance of supplier ledger to ensure best practices are being followed
- Collaborate on the businesses 13-week cash flow forecast – updated weekly by AP & AR
- Overseeing the processing of up to 500 purchase invoices per month onto the accounting system, ensuring that entity, currency, account codes, project numbers, discounts, and payment terms (etc.) are correct
- Identify prepayments and manage accordingly
- Respond to questions and makes calls regarding supplier invoicing problems; acts as a liaison between departments and suppliers where appropriate
- Ensuring the smooth operation of weekly payment runs and their thorough checking and approval.
- Aged Creditor reporting – Monitoring monthly
- Providing support for daily bank postings to ensure payment processing.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of month-end closing processes for accounts payable.
- Assisting with audit requests and providing necessary documentation and support.
- New Vendor creation process – Contact details, company registration and VAT validation
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Process all staff expenses, ensuring strict adherence to company policies and UK regulations.
- Credit card and Pleo account reconciliation
- AP Liability management – Reconciliation and clearing a backlog of debit and credit balances across 3 x entities
- Assisting the team with a reimplementation of the accounting system and a new purchase order process.
- Implementation of new processes and procedures
Skills and Experience of the Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Experience in using Sage Intacct or a similar financial ERP system such as Netsuite, SAP or Workday
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working in a busy AP environment
- Ideally a history of working within the creative industries
- Experience working for a multi-entity group with multiple revenue streams
- Multi-Currency, FX and VAT knowledge
- Intermediate to advanced level of Excel skills
- Proficient in working independently
- Familiarity with accounting processes and protocols.
- Possesses strong organisational skills and excellent time management abilities.
- Applies analytical and logical problem-solving methods effectively.
- Capable of working under pressure, meeting targets, and adhering to deadlines.
- Effective communication skills.
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs .
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interestCandidate registration